22. Surprise Visit

Kimiko POV
(In Shiratorizawa Academy ~ Day before the Interhigh Preliminaries)

Today the coach decided to give us a break to prepare for the big day tomorrow but with everyone in the team being restless, we ended up practicing some spikes and receives to relax our minds.

I toss the volleyball to Shiro. She spikes the ball in the air but it hits the tip of the net and barely makes it through.

"Can you toss it higher next time?" Shiro asks and I nod my head.

"Sure," I answer and clear my throat. "Um... Shiro did you memorize the finger pattern strategy that I made up on how I'll toss the volleyball when we need to change the flow of the match?"

"Hah? You mean the way to have Amu show off?" Shiro scoffs. "Then yes I did."

"I mean it's not for her to show off but rather a way that we can give ourselves an advantage when we're in a match," I explain. "My friend is currently the decoy for his volleyball team, you know the one that you saw in the cafe once," I explain.

"You mean that short orange hair kid, Hinata right? Hmmm... a Decoy though," Shiro analyzes Amu from afar. "But how is Amu a decoy? She's like the complete opposite."

A vein pops on Amu's head overhearing Shiro's words.

"Well I'm basically trying to do the same thing with Amu but at the same time something completely different. Amu doesn't stand out so rather than emphasize her on stage we let her blend in with the team. That way when no one expects it, she brings out the best of her skills and gets the point as her opponents stand there in shock," I explain.

"So basically she's invisible because no one pays attention to her so we take advantage of that trait of hers and win us a game," Shiro laughs. "Hahaha Kimiko you can be quite mean."

"I don't want you to be the one telling me that Shiro..." I sigh.

"It's true though isn't it?" Shiro smirks and I stay silent.

Well it's not wrong but the way she's wording it would obviously piss off Amu.

Another vein pops on Amu's head. "I can hear you Shiro."

"You were supposed to," Shiro states with her arms crossed.

The two of them glare at each other and I could only hopelessly watch the two of them glare bullets at each other. I can't believe I'm younger than them and I'm babysitting them. I swear. Bringing them together in the match is going to be a miracle. They can't even be in the same room, it's a disaster no matter how you look at it.

"Kimiko can you come here?" Kazue calls out to me.

"Coming Captain!" I answer then walk over to her. "Kazue, what do you need?"

"How are you doing?" Kazue asks me.

"I'm doing fine. Amu and Shiro are getting along with each other better if that's what you're wondering," I shrug.

Kazue looks over my shoulder and sees the two of them fiercely staring down at the other and turns to me completely skeptical by my words. "Sure they are... Anyways seeing how you are now, I guess you haven't heard yet."

"Heard what?" I question.

Kazue hesitates but sighs. "It's better if I tell you now rather than wait it out. I don't want this to be a shock to you but I heard your sister is currently coaching for a high school boys volleyball team."

"Eh?" My eyes widen.

Natsu-nee... volleyball...

I force a laugh as I can try to keep my mind from spinning. "You're joking right? Natsu-nee announced that she would never get involved with volleyball ever again two years ago, remember?"