16. Firm Decision

Hinata POV

"Yosh!" I grab a bundle of my clothes from the closet and toss them onto my bed.

Tomorrow is the first day of the training camp and just thinking about it has my adrenaline going up. I already got permission from my parents to stay at the school's club dormitory for the next few days so after packing up, I'm all set.

I excitedly start folding my clothes into my duffel bag. Ever since I became a starting player in Karasuno's boys volleyball team, all I can think about is the rush when I jump up into the air and spike the volleyball down with everything I have.

Honestly I don't know how long it'll take but one day I'll become ace and fulfill my dream to be like the small giant.

Knock Knock Knock

I hear a sudden knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"Shoyo, it's me Kimiko. Can I come in?" Kimiko asks.

"Go ahead," I tell her and the door opens.

Kimiko's eyes widen when she notices my clothes all over the bed. "Are you packing for tomorrow?"

"I am!" I answer. "The camp is going to be for the next few days so I want to make sure that I packed enough."

Kimiko giggles. "I see. If that's the case, do you need some help?"

"Sure," I grin.

The two of us start folding my clothes together and I notice Kimiko's eyebrows furrow as she looks at the clothes she folded then at the ones I folded. "What's wrong?"

"Ever since I came here, I've started folding my own clothes but how I fold is nothing compared to yours," she sighs.

I tilt my head. "Our folding looks exactly the same."

"You're too nice Shoyo," Kimiko pouts.

She takes the next shirt to fold and my eyes widen seeing what's under it, I quickly snatch all of my underpants from the pile and quickly stuff them into my duffel bag. 

A girl almost saw my underpants! I sigh in relief at least I avoided an awkward and embarrassing situation.

"Sorry for crossing over you suddenly," I apologize.

Kimiko turns her head away. "It's okay," she reassures me but I notice her ears are bright red.

I hope she's not angry that I crossed over to her side out of nowhere but I just can't let her see my underwear out in the daylight. Just as Nishinoya senpai taught me, I have to keep my pride as a man.

"This might be the last time we see each other here," Kimiko suddenly says and I turn to her surprised. "I-I mean I'll definitely visit you during the weekends and any chance I get on the weekdays but I think I stayed here long enough. Tomorrow I'll talk to Ken about the arrangements and if everything works out then I'll go back home," she explains.

"Oh I see," I mumble disappointed.

Disappointed... wait why am I disappointed? I should be happy that if things go well then she can go back home but instead I feel this weird heavy feeling in my heart. What is this?

"Do you have my number?" I ask.

"I got your number from your mom, in case of emergencies when it comes to picking up Natsu," Kimiko explains.

"I see," I mumble.

Of course she has my number. Why did I even ask!? I feel so lame!

"Uhh this is embarrassing but can I have a picture of you for the profile picture of my phone," Kimiko blurts out as her cheeks start to lightly blush.