7. Volleyball Trainer

Kimiko POV
(In the morning)

Vrrrrr... Ding ding ding ding.

The alarm clock rings and I slowly open my eyes. It's morning already... I didn't get much sleep till the last few hours. I feel a soft grip on my hand and turn to see Shoyo still by my side. "Shoyo.... " I mumble as I rub my eyes to wake myself. Did he really stay with me this entire time? I glance down at Shoyo's sleeping face and watch him lightly snore. "Thank you." I quietly say with a small smile on my face.

The door suddenly slams open with a small orange hair little girl poking her head out of the door. "Kimiko! I can't find Shoyo!" Natsu shouts and my eyes widen when she notices Shoyo sleeping on my bedside. "Mom! I found Shoyo! He's sleeping with Kimiko!" Natsu yells in the hallways and I sweat bullets.

I should wake up him before, everyone gets the wrong idea.

"Shoyo wake up..."I shake his shoulder. "Shoyo you have school today," I tell him and he blinks a couple times then yawns.

"Kimiko you're awake?" He questions in a raspy voice and turns to me with a grin. "Did you get any sleep?" He asks me and I nod my head.

"I did," I giggle. "How's about you, did you get any sleep?" I ask him the same question back.

"Plenty!" He answers pumping his fists ready for early morning.

"Hahaha. You're a happy go lucky guy for helping me get some sleep," I jokingly poke him on the shoulder.

"Of course! That's what friends are for," he says with a cheeky smile that makes my heart skip a beat.

"See mom! Shoyo is sleeping with Kimiko!" Natsu says pulling on her mom's arm.

"Oh my Shoyo! What are you doing here?!" His mom gasps and our faces flush bright red in embarrassment from the sudden assumption being made.

"M-Mom! I-I didn't sleep with Kimiko in that way!" Hinata stutters in a panic. Shoyo's mom turns to me, but I'm completely speechless. I'm not sure what's going on!? I mean I'm a twelve year old girl , but I'm educated enough to assume what they're thinking is what I'm thinking, but I don't know how to explain myself.

The situation looks what it looks like. I utterly stand there speechless and Shoyo's mom sighs.

"I thought I taught you better than that Shoyo," his mom shakes his head in disappointment. "You shouldn't be sleeping with a girl and if you are you shouldn't be getting caught."

"M-Mom!" Shoyo stammers in embarrassment.

"What's wrong with Shoyo sleeping with Kimiko?" Natsu innocently asks.

"Many things," Shoyo's mom answers.

"Mom!!!!" Shoyo shouts and pushes his mom along with Natsu out of the room. He shuts the door and turns to me with a slight frown on his tomato red face. "I'm sorry you had to experience that. My mom's just teasing us."

I blink a couple times in surprise then laugh. "Pfft. It's fine Shoyo. It's nice that you're close to your mom to joke around like that." I say envious of how Shoyo is able to be himself around his own mom. Compared to me, I'm not even able to interact with my own mom in this kind of manner.