5. Staying Over

Kimiko POV

"Stay with us Kimiko," my eyes dilate after hearing the orange hair boy named Shoyo offer me a place to stay with a smile shining brighter than the sun. Never in my life have I ever thought there was ever going to be a day where I would see someone smile at me without any hidden motives or hatred eyes. I didn't know him, yet something is resonating inside and I don't know what.

"Are you sure?" I ask him again to make sure the words weren't just my imagination.

"I'm sure Kimiko," Shoyo takes my hand. "If you ever need anything me and Natsu will be here to help. We aren't friends yet, but let's become friends. After all we both have the same passion for volleyball." He grins.

"...Thank you," I say in full gratitude with a real smile that feels so foreign to my face. I never felt this way in so long. Hearing the word friends and having someone to depend on... I never had someone volunteer being friends with me. Girls and boys always try to avoid me when they hear the Serizawa name. That's probably the reason why Natsuki's changed her last name. It's the reason why I didn't tell Shoyo my last name. I don't want his opinion of me to change when he hears my last name.

Suddenly Natsu comes over to us and karate chops the hand Shoyo extended to me. "Shoyo! I want to hold hands with Kimiko!" Natsu declares and grabs my hand. I smile as I feel the warmth of the child's tiny hand entwine with mine. It gives me a cozy feeling of security. Natsu drags me off the swing and I try to keep my balance. "Let's take you home!" Natsu pumps her fist and pulls me along with a great force.

"Natsu be careful you don't want Kimiko to be afraid of you," Shoyo tells Natsu and she sticks out her tongue.

"Shoyo! I'm the one who found Kimiko. She's mine," she tells him and I giggle seeing how demanding Natsu is and how worried Shoyo is.

"It's okay. I'm fine Shoyo," I reassure him as I watch Natsu happily skip by my side.

As the three of us walk to Shoyo's house, Natsu's eyes began to close and Shoyo quickly puts Natsu on his back for a piggyback ride. I watch Natsu happily nuzzle herself onto Shoyo and slowly fall asleep.

They're loving siblings.... That's nice I wish that could be Natsuki and I, I think to myself. "Kimiko is Natsu asleep?" Hinata asks me and I nod my head.

"She's asleep," I tell him and he grins.

"That's good, I was worried that she was going to yank your arm out when she was pulling you!" He exaggerates and I burst out laughing seeing his strange expressions on his face that he couldn't express by using hand gestures.

"I'm pretty strong," I point to myself with a silly grin. I don't know how, but being with Shoyo feels so comfortable that I don't have to a mask on or hide myself. I can be and enjoy myself.

"You are strong!" He chuckles, "Kimiko what school do you go to?" He asks me and I flinch hearing his sudden words.

"I-I'm a first year at... Shiratorizawa..." I answer waiting for him to say something like how Shiratorizawa is a prestigious school, but I guess he doesn't seem aware of what school Shiratorizawa.

"Eh Shira? As in white?" He questions. I felt a load on my back lighten after hearing his response. He doesn't know what school Shiratorizawa is. The tension in my body relaxes, he probably doesn't even know what the Serizawa family is. That's good, but I'm still not going to mention anything about it. "Well I'm a first year too in Karasuno," he happily points to himself. "We're the same age!" He happily tells me and I hesitate again.