28. Pressing Forward

Kimiko POV
(A few days later ~ After school)

As I reach out to the handle of the door in the first-year building to leave for volleyball practice, I notice someone's hand reaching out at the same time as mine.

"Sorry about that," I apologize, pulling my hand away then glance up to see that the person was Amu.

Seeing her, reminded me of the match that we had against Niiyama Joshi. It was frustrating. Our loss against Niiyama Joshi along with my father's honest thoughts about my sister and I. Just thinking back to that day makes me feel bitter and yet the heavy feelings that I once held were lifted after venting everything I felt to Shoyo.

Shoyo really shines bright like the sun and has changed my life. I feel like I can slowly move forward as long as he's by my side.

On the other hand, I didn't have the chance to ask how Amu has been coping with this since Shiro and her are temporarily out of the team.

Amu notices my gaze towards her. "It's alright Kimiko, you don't have to worry. I'm doing fine and can still practice volleyball with the boys' volleyball team during my ban time."

A sense of guilt trickles down my mind hearing Amu's words. "But even so—-"

"Honestly I don't know why the captain decided to temporarily take us off the team. I keep thinking about it and she could have kicked us out but she didn't," Amu shrugs. "So I have to take this as a learning opportunity to learn how to communicate better with others, especially Shiro. When working with a team you won't always get along with everyone but even so, we all have to get along we each other right?" Amu pats me on the back. "So don't be so worried. Practice your hardest so when I come back, you'll be ready for me."

"Amu, I will." I softly smile in relief. "I wish you the best of luck practicing with Ushiwaka and his team," I tell her and wave goodbye then head to the girls' volleyball gym.

(At the gym)

After getting changed, I head into the gym ready to practice volleyball and see the girls clustered together. 

"Why is everyone gathering together?" I ask and see Seki out with her cellphone.

"We were looking into the results for the Inter-high Preliminaries and saw that the winners were Niiyama Joshi," Seki says showing me the image with Niiyama Joshi's team proudly holding the trophy in their hands. "They even beat Aobajousai and their number one player, Misaki Hoshina."

"I'm not that surprised," Nao admits. "In Niiyama Joshi, the players complement each other well. There are barely any weaknesses in the team because each member would specifically be better in one skill to assist someone who is not as good in that particular skill."

"So true~" Seki scrolls on her cellphone. "Oh, there's an article on the girls' interviews. There Misaki, Chiharu, Kimiko and ---" she pauses in realization then glances at me. "Oh, it's not that important actually."

She doesn't even have to say anything and I already know what it's about. "You don't have to hide it. It's about Natsuki, isn't it?"

"... it is," Seki admits.

"What is the article talking about?" I peek over Seki's cellphone and my heart drops when I see the title of the article.

Natsuki Serizawa Making A Sudden Comeback Into the Volleyball World after 2 Years!

I read the first few lines and it's already talking about her appearance in the Inter-high preliminaries as the coach. I skim through the article just to see how these news reporters are twisting their words and are making claims about Natsuki possibly returning to the Serizawa family as the head of the family.