Chapter 17

"So what's wrong with her?" I asked tapping my foot nervously. Eleanor rubbed my arm soothingly and I turned a gave her a small smile before turning back to the doctor.

"Maci caught pneumonia. It's caused by her asthma. When people have diseases like asthma, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. But since she has the bad asthma it will most likely take her longer to get better and it could be more deadly but, luckily it's nothing to serious. Just a couple of days in the hospital on bed rest and she should be fine." The doctor said and my heart dropped some. My baby's sick.

"Now, will she be in pain? What are the symptoms. I don't want my baby to be in pain more than she already had to today." I stressed suddenly feeling jittery.

"Well that's a different story. She will be feeling some pain, and since she's so young we have to use smaller doses of it. It all depends on her pain tolerance." The doctor started. "Some of the symptoms are; like coughing up sputum - mucus - or sometimes a tinge of blood, a fever, quickened breathing or short of breath, shaking or chills, chest pains - sometimes occurs when breathing in or coughing - that will most likely be constant, fast heartbeat, tired or weakness, she most likely will not be able to stand, nausea and vomiting, and diarrhea."

I sighed sadly turning to Louis. He was biting his lips nervously and pulled me in for a hug. "What did I do wrong?"

"You didn't do anything wrong Li. Your a great father. Everyone get's sick now and then." Louis comforted me.

"Thanks Lou." I mumbled.

"Yeah, and even the doctor said it had something to do with her asthma." Eleanor butted in.

"Thanks guys. When can we see her?" I turned to the doctor.

"Well we need to get her to a actual hospital room which she will be stabilized at. Would you like so carry her?"

"Yes please! I would love that!" I said happily.

"Pneumonia isn't contagious so don't worry about it."

I went into the holding room where they just check up in and I picked her up. Her limp body laid on my chest, her head on my shoulder. I sniffled, biting the inside of my cheek. It's never a good sight to see your own child sick and not feeling well.

Louis placed a arm on my back as we followed the doctor to the hospital room. When we got there a lady nurse took Maci and gave me a smile. We waited for probably 20 minutes and I was surprised by hearing crying.

"Is she awake." I jumped up from my seat.

A nurse came out with a big smile on her face. "She said she wanted her daddy." I nodded happily and went into the room.

"Daddy!" Maci cried followed by a ton load of coughing.

I frowned and kissed her on the forehead, pushing her back onto the bed. Which she wasn't to happy about. She started fussing against me but since she was weak it wasn't much to handle. She was crying, her face scrunched up in agony.

I didn't like seeing her cry and you could see the pain in her eyes. She soon stopping fighting and her small face was still scrunched up. She was trying to relax, you could tell. I help her little arm down while they put the iv into Maci's arm, she didn't seem to mind at all. It automatically eased her pain.

Maci was soon asleep, nothing but the sound of her heart monitor, and soft snoring. I laid my head down on the side of her bed. "It's oka-"

"Shh." I whispered afraid that I would wake up my little girl.

It was once again silent in the room. I focused on the sound on Maci's heart monitor, memorizing the sound until it was drilled into my brain. I knew the sound of a normal heartbeat. "Hey Liam. I promised El and dinner date tonight so we're going to go. Stay safe and call me if anything happens. Okay?"

"Okay." I nodded and gave them a small smile and after they left, they took the smile with them.

I didn't want to see my poor baby like this. It's not a pretty site, to see your only daughter that's technically not even yours to begin with, in the hospital from a sickness that I could have stopped from happened. But the doctor said it wasn't my fault...

It's been two hours and Maci is still asleep. The only time she woke up is when she threw up. I can't get the smell of cleaners out of my mouth. Shaking my head trying to not fall asleep so I'm awake when Maci wakes up, which could be anytime now.

My phone rang and I checked the caller ID. "Hello."

"What the hell happened to my baby!" The demanding voice of Harry shouted through the phone.

"Calm down Harry. She caught pneumonia. It's supposed to blow over soon." I said.

"What hospital are you in and what is the room number." He once again demanded.

"It's room..." I trailed off and went outside to see the room number. "Room 203."

"I'll be there."

____________________________________________________

Short chapter. I know. I'm sorry. My chapters are just really short all the time aren't they?

Yeah once again, sorry. I just wanted to update and I'm dong school so... There. I hoped you like it and expect to see more soon from me because you will.

I'm almost at 10k and do you even know how happy this makes me? I've only gotten like 3k at the most so this is definitely a improvement. So thank you thank you thank you!

I Love You All ♥

llBatwomanll