Chapter 37

We sat in the almost empty restaurant, my girls eating there food in silence. Which was weird because they're both loud and they never shut up. Sometimes it was hard to go do stuff because of the media and paps. They definitely like to get in the way. All the time. It can get pretty frustrating when all you want to do is enjoy time with your family.

My phone rang. It wasn't Liam this time to my surprise. It was my mum. I smiled ear to ear and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi mum," I chirped into the cellphone.

"Is that Mimi?" Maci looked up from her chicken tenders.

"Yes baby." I nodded.

"I was wondering, would you want to come over for dinner tonight? I've invited your brother as well." Mum said and I could hear some rustling.

"Well we didn't really have an plans so I guess that'll work." I shrugged and Maci looked at me with curious eyes.

"Okay, be over by six. I love you sweetie." Mum spoke.

"Love you too."

.

It was almost time to leave, Maci was in her room playing with toys while I finished getting Laci dressed for my mum's house. I've been having Laci do tummy time a lot an been working on rolling over, she's only 3 months so I guess that's good.

"Maci, have you got your shoes on?" I ask as I pull my hair back into a ponytail.

Today is no dress up day at all. I look like a bum to be honest. I'm wearing a pair of grey leggings, a black v-neck shirt and and pair of navy toms.

"Yeah." She walks into the room. She just has a pair of black leggings and a frozen shirt. She put on a pair of white keds. Her hair is just down past her shoulders.

(I just want everyone to know that since its been forever since I've updated, I've completely lost track of everyone's age and   what time of the year it is.  So the sake of this story (and me), we're just gonna go with fall time okay. Maci is 5 and Laci is 3 months. Deal?)

I smiled and peck her on the forehead. She grabbed her tablet off of my dresser and pressed the power button.

"Mummy, my tablet is dead," she Maci informed me.

"Okay baby, we'll I'll put it on the charger while we're at Mimi's," I pick pull of my purse and lift Laci. "Let's go get in the car."

We made our way downstairs and into the car. It was chilly outside so I had to make a run to get some jackets and then we were off.

.

"I'm hungry." Maci moaned for the 50th so far.

"I heard you the first time sweetheart. We're about to be at Mimi's and you can eat then okay." I said, my hands clutching into the steering wheel.

We only have five more minutes, but I know in these five minutes she's gonna drive me nuts. It takes about 45 minutes to get to my mums house. Finally we arrived at moms house and Maci had a huge smile when she saw my mom open the door.

"Mimi," she squealed and waited impatiently to open her door before she bolted out of the car.

"Hey baby." Mum smiled, enveloping her into a big hug.

I got Laci out of the car and mum gave me a tight squeeze before we made it into the house.

"There's my favorite little girl." My brother, Ryan, walked out of the kitchen.

"Uncle Ryan!" Maci ran to Ryan and jumped on him.

"Hey baby," he grinned and stood up. He then wrapped me in a hug.

"What's up big bro." I smiled and pulled back.

"Hey." He nudged my arm.

.

Everyone was sitting around the table eating. Mum was being quiet, and I could tell by looking at her something was bothering her.

"So why did you call us here?" I ask.

She sighs heavily, "I was dreading this."

The room goes silent besides Laci who is gurgling in her car seat. My stomach drops and I look at Ryan who probably has the same feeling.

"I went the doctors and I found out that the cancer is back." She admits and her lips form a thin line before and she leans back.

I don't know what to do or how to feel.

"Mommy, why are you crying?" Maci tugged at my shirt.

I looked up and Ryan's eyes are just as wet. I clear my throat, "what else did the doctor say?"

"It's terminal."

So we're kinda sorta back in business, yeah? A lot has been going on which is why I haven't been writing. On top of that I've had writers block.

Enjoy that chapter and hopefully another update soon.