Chapter 12

"Do I hear a little girl?" I teased walking around in Maci's bedroom, hearing the same giggle that I have been.

We are playing hide and seek, which Maci is rubbish at because she doesn't get that she needs to be quiet in order to hide. But for the sake of her fun I was going to pretend I didn't know where she was.

"Hmm... Where is that little girl." I said stopping listening for the giggle again and this time I didn't.

I shrugged and said, "That's okay. I'll just go get some cookies."

"I'm here daddy!" Maci popped out from under her bed bouncing around.

"Maci!" I exclaimed and picked her up, kissing her cheek.

"Do you want to go out and eat?" I asked walking out of her bedroom.

"Yes! Can we go to the park!?" Maci suddenly got loud, but you get used to it.

We haven't been out in 3 days because Maci had gotten sick and I didn't want it to get worse since winter was rolling along. The temperature was dropping and that wouldn't make anything better. Maci was still in her princess night gown which she loved more than anything... Other than her barbie dolls.

"Alright, we need to get dressed." I said.

"But I like my dress."

"I do too honey but you have to wear actual clothes out."

"Awe." Maci whined.

"Hey, don't do whine or we won't go."

"I'll stop."

I took Maci back in the bedroom and got a pair of black leggings, blue tu-tu, and a white long sleeved shirt with a black polka dot bow. I went through and grabbed a pair of black uggs.

"C'mon."

Maci walked over and I helped her change into her clothes. Maci has taken a liking to tu-tu's and always wants to wear them so I got her a couple. Once she was fully dressed I opened a draw and got her a pair of ankle socks and put them on her.

"I wanna do my shoes!" Maci grabbed them from me.

"Okay. Let me get dressed." I said and went to my bedroom.

I put on some black skinny jeans, grey shirt with 2/3 of a sleeve and put on some white converse. When I went back into Maci's bedroom she had her shoes on and was attempting to brush her hair.

"Let me help."

"No!"

"Fine." I raised my hands in surrender.

She brushed her hair for a while and went for a elastic. "How about you let daddy do this."

Maci handed me the hair brush and elastic and I brushed her tangle free hair up into a high pony tail. Maci ran away from me giggling and I chased her, running slow.

"I'm gonna get you!" I exclaimed getting closer.

"No." She ran and hid behind the couch, like I didn't see her just hide there.

"Oh no! Where did Maci go?" I questioned myself walking around until I stopped in front of the couch.

"I don't know where she went." Maci said and I started laughing.

"Well silly you talked, I know where you are now." I picked her up and she giggle. "Let's get your coat on and we can leave." I said grabbing Maci's light pink coat.

She bounced to me and I helped her get her coat on and I pulled mine onto my body and grabbed my adorable daughter's hand while she was bouncing around. I decided that we should walk instead of driving.

"Daddy?" She asked skipping along the sidewalk.

"Yes baby."

"Who are they?" She pointed at the men, or paparazzi.

"Just people who takes pictures of daddy."

I fished out my phone and turned to Maci, bending down next to her and going to my camera and pointing it at Maci. "Smile." Maci smiled widely at the camera and I waited until she was looking the other way which created the perfect picture.

She started bouncing around again and I grabbed her hand. When we finally got the the nice sized bakery I ordered us both some cakes, muffins, stuff like that and hot coco, along with some ice. I didn't want to fry Maci's mouth.

When they served us our food I poured some ice in the cup, stirred it until it was cooler and then put some marshmallows and whipped cream in the cup. It had a lid and straw on it because, well she's three.

"When can I play with Lilly?" Maci asked.

"Well let me ask her mum, maybe this weekend."

Maci nodded and continued messily eating. Once I finished eating I pulled out my phone and texted Lilly's mom, Allison. She was a very nice girl, had a kid when she was a teen but was able to pull it off, her kid is a two months older than Maci.

Once I texted her I put my phone down and Maci was jumping around in the booth. "Are you finished?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Then let's get you cleaned up then."

I took Maci to the family bathroom and Maci surprisingly did not get it on her shirt. Once I wiped her hands and face I took her back out in our booth and helped her with her coat. I put mine on and paid before we left, there was a lot more paps than there was earlier.

"Liam!"

"How is Maci Liam!"

Just everything being shot out and Maci was enjoying it, to the point she didn't want to leave.

"Hi. Hi. Hi." She was waving at the paps and they quieted down.

"You mind if we talk to her."

"No, go ahead."

Maci shook a hand politely that was out and they asked her questions.

"Is your daddy nice?"

"Yeah! W-we play hide and seek." You could tell that Maci was excited by all the attention.

They continued to ask questions and there of course were fans. I talked to them a little but kept my eyes on Maci because it's hard to trust to someone now. She came bouncing over to me.

"Did Lilly call back?"

"No, not yet, are you ready to go home?" I said picking up Maci.

She nodded and we went home. Once we got in the house Maci took off her coat and ran off to her room. That's when Allison called back.

"Hey Allison."

"Hi Liam, that would be great if we could have a play date."

"Alright, how about we go to the indoor water park?" I said.

"Yeah, that sounds great, saturday, noon?" Allison replied.

"Alright. Just send me the address and I'll see you saturday."

"It's a date."