Chapter 23

*Liam Pov*

My head shot up quickly, my eyes wide open, and I was looked around frantically. Louis was knocking on the door a smirk on his face. I glared back at him and pulled off my safety belt and opened the door.

"Somebody trying to slip in a nap before work?" He asked leaning on the inside of my door.

"Shut up Louis." I snapped rubbing my temples.

"What's up. You look like shit." Louis ignored my comment and continued to talk to me.

"Thanks." I muttered sarcastically. "I'm exhausted. I felt bad for yelling at Maci and slept with her last night and freaking woke up at 7:45 and had to rush her to school. You already know Maci when she wakes up."

"Oh boy." Louis shook his head.

"Yeah. I had to listen to her constant whining and I didn't had time to make her lunch so I had to go all the way back home and then all the way back to her school than here and I guess the lack of sleep just caught up with me." I explained.

"That's a bummer. Hey, after were done at the studio can I come over and we can catch up, yeah?" Louis asked.

"Sure." I smiled at him and got out the car.

I took a couple squirts of cologne to ensure I wasn't smelly and Louis laughed, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and we started to walk. That's when I finally realized paps were there to photograph the whole thing. Bums.

Later that day...

"How was school Maci?" I asked helping Maci in the car.

"It was good daddy." She replied smiling at me with her big blue eyes.

"Good." I nodded shutting her door and I ran around to my door and got into the car, buckling up.

I pulled out of the school parking lot and we were on our way home. Louis is going to be over for dinner so I decided to make grilled chicken, green beans, and macaroni. Something we all like, especially Maci.

"Daddy! Guess what!?" She suddenly yelped nearly scaring me but you get used to random outbursts.

"Chicken butt." I replied and she giggled.

"No dad! I made a friend today! Her name is Karen! She is pretty and she told me she's something called Asian! She's really smart and played today! And I met a boy names Josh! He's so much fun! He told me I was pretty and he said I was nice and I was funny!" She rambled on the whole way home.

"That's awesome babe. But you have a visitor today." I informed her as we walked up to the house.

I unlocked the door and Maci ran inside and I locked my car and followed behind her. She set her stuff down at the dining room table and opened it. I started dinner and went to help Maci with her homework.

Dinner was nearly finished and there was a knock on the door and I could tell it was Louis just by the way he knocked.

"Hey Maci go answer the door." I told her and she nodded smiling and ran out of the kitchen to the door.

When she opened it she let out a little squeak and shouted, "Uncle Louis!"

A smile came to my face as I heard them two talking back in forth and she was telling him the same things that she told me in the car.

The food had finished and Louis walked in as I was making plates. "Hi Liam." Louis greeted me by wrapping his arms around my side.

"Okay husband." I chuckled and Louis sat up some.

"Maybe I don't want to be your husband." He retorted.

I gave him a sad face and started to fake cry. "There there child." Louis hugged me and I put my head on his shoulder.

"Why is daddy crying uncle Louis?" Maci's concerned voice entered the room.

"Your daddy isn't crying hun." Louis laughed a little and Maci came running over. I picked her up and she hugged.

"Don't ever do that again Mr. You scared me." Maci demanded in a stern tone.

"Yes ma'am." I nodded putting her down

"C'mon we need to eat." Louis said grabbing his and Maci's and I grabbed mine, and we all went over to the dining table.

We chatted while we ate and when we were done I took all of the dishes and put them into the sink, ready to do them. Louis walked into the room and leaned against the counter.

"Hey Liam." Louis said nervously.

"Yeah Lou?" I replied.

"So can we have this talk now?" Louis asked.

I nodded and it looked like he let his facial features natural and he looked genuinely upset. It automatically upset me and full attention went towards