Chapter 38

The night went from happy to stressful. We all tried to push our feeling aside to enjoy our night. Falling asleep was hard and staying asleep was even harder. Nightmares woke me up and then I couldn't stop thinking.

It's 2:30am and I can't fall back asleep. Liam is in the US, which means they are 5 hours before me. It's still early there so I decide to call him. I haven't told him yet. I can barely process it.

The phone rings about twice when he answers. I lose it at the sound of his voice.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Liam asks, concern lacing his voice.

I compose myself enough to tell him the news. The words coming out of my mouth makes me lose it again.

"Dani," he says lowly, "I'm so sorry baby."

His words soothe me, but I only cry harder. I miss him so much. I really need to see him right now. Maci has school this week. Maybe I could drop the girls off at Liam's parents house and go visit him. I don't really want to give my mom anything to stress about.

"What are you guys planning on doing this week?" I ask.

"We're in Florida for the entire week. We have two concerts here then we're leaving out Saturday." He explains.

"How about I drop the kids off at one of our parents houses and I fly over to see you?" I suggest. "I need you right now."

"Are you sure?" He asks.

My bedroom door creeps open, drawing my attention.

"Mommy?" I hear Maci mutter.

I look over and she's standing in the doorway rubbing her eyes. The only light in here is the dimmed hallway light. I always leave it on, but dimmed just in case.

"Yes sweetheart?" I whisper.

"I had a bad dream, can I sleep with you?" Maci tiptoes to the bed.

I set my phone down and lift her up on the bed and she climbs under the blankets.

"Do you want to talk to daddy?" I ask putting the phone on speaker and wiping my face.

She nods her head happily and quietly exclaims, "daddy!"

"Hi pretty girl." Liam bubbled with joy. I smiled with puffy eyes.

"I miss you." She leans back into the pillows.

"I miss you too very much." Liam says, "Go back to bed baby. I'll talk to you later okay."

"Okay daddy." She whispers and closes her eyes, "I love you."

"I love you too baby."

.

Early in the morning that day I dropped the girls off at Liam's parents house and packed a few days worth of clothes and hygiene stuff. I fit it into one duffle bag and I suitcase.

My flight leave around 8 and its 6:30 now. I'm about to leave soon. The flight is gonna be 9 hours so I'm prepping for a long flight. It will be early in the afternoon when I get there due to the time difference.

I do one last swipe through the house to make sure I'm not forgetting anything and then I'm off. The drive goes by quickly and soon I'm at the airport.

After going the security and waiting for a while I finally board the plane.

Some more waiting and I'm Florida bound.

Sorry about the short chapter, I've been writing this in school whenever I get a break. Hopefully the next one will be longer.

Love you guys ❤️