Chapter 1

Percy woke up and rubbed his head. His first thoughts. Again? About a year ago, Hera had taken him, erased his memories, and plopped him in an unfamiliar place to do a prophecy. I swear to every single god in existence...
He stood up and surveyed his surroundings. Seemed like and old forest, moss and lichen, dying trees. He walked a couple steps. Okay, it wasn't a dream. He stumbled over to a pond and stared at his reflection.
    He was still him, thankfully. His dark hair, sea green eyes. Annabeth would have-oh, Annabeth. He and Annabeth had been together for years. They'd gone through so much together, so many quests and moments alone.
   Percy remembered his best date with Annabeth, compliments of Hermes.
   Just then Percy realized he still had all of his memories. So it wasn't a plot of Hera's. Hera was cruel. Everything she did, every action, every word, was for her own self benefit.
   Percy heard shouts off in the distance. He reached for Riptide but found nothing in his hoodie pockets. Great. He was just defenseless prey out in the wild, an easy feast for any monster who chanced upon him.
   He ducked under a bush, only making him slightly less visible. He was dressed in a deep purple hoodie which was covering a bright orange Camp Half Blood T-shirt, accompanied by a pair of blue jeans and tattered grey and white sneakers. Hopefully he didn't look too appetizing.
Percy tensed as the voices got closer.
They didn't sound too old, maybe only slightly older than him. It didn't take him long to notice it was only one voice. But what was all that tromping? It sounded there were at least three people, but only one voice. Percy had been trough enough to know if somebody is talking to themselves, it's generally not a good sign.
There was a slight thud and Percy heard the voice get louder. "Hey! Stop it Bud!"