Chapter 7: Silly Human

It was when I heard the sound of struggling already happening that my feet carried me at a quicker pace. Just as I burst through the door a gun shot rang through the air. The smell of blood was strong as the bullet seemed to hit its target. Hurrying to the sound of the commotion I saw three human men forcing Anderson back into a wall. One man was on the ground slowly bleeding out from a gun shot to the stomach.  Anderson held the gun tightly waiting for the next on to come at her. 

I coughed to draw attention to myself. They all looked at me. "Excuse me. What do you boys think you are doing?" I said casually.

"We are doing your job for you." One spat at me. 

"Tonight was the deadline and you failed." Another snapped at me. 

That was when the one that was slowly dying seemed to get enough energy to stab me in the thigh. I winced at the sudden pain that shot through my body but then glared down at the stupid stupid little human. 

"What a way to just piss someone off." Pulling the knife out of my thigh I slowly looked back up at the other three. I threw the knife down with enough force to go through the one that stabbed me with its heart. I heard it do one quick beat of shock then try to keep beating but it just got slower with every passing second. 

The one that talked to me first came straight for me but I just let my hands go up and snap his neck in one swift move. The one that didn't talk lifted his gun and pointed it at me and just as he was about to pull the trigger Anderson shot him. He fell down and the last one figured out he was next. He tried to run but I moved in front of him with my speed and punched him, once to make him fall down then a second and third to cave in his skull. 

My knuckles were covered in his blood and as I stood I heard Anderson reload her gun. Looking at her as she looked at me trying to hide her fear but her heart gave her away, she held the gun pointing at me.

I heard sirens in the distance approaching fast. I took a step towards her but she fired the gun into my shoulder. The breath got knocked out of me. No matter how many times I had been shot it always stung like a bitch. 

Taking a deep breath I glared at her but when she didn't see me go down she shot again, though she aimed at my heart she just missed it because her hands were shaking. That shot took me back a little but ignoring the pain and the changing of my eyes to their bright red I moved to her. 

She was about the fire again but I snapped it out of her hands. "You have shot me enough times! Now we have to go." I grabbed her arm with probably more force than I should have as she winced. 

"I'm not going anywhere with you! What are you!?" She tried to hide her fear in her voice but it didn't work as it broke while she spoke.

I smirked menacingly at her. "I can be your nightmare or your ally and right now without me you will die. So I suggest you shut up." I dragged her with me.

Soon after we had left the sirens where getting that close that I knew she could hear them. I ended up knocking her out and using my vampire speed to get back to the motel and into my room without being seen. I lay her on the bed as soon as I did I knew I had to get the bullets out of my body. As they where still in when I moved the bullets reopened the wounds which just made more blood stain my top. 

I sat on one of the chairs and took a deep breath. Digging my fingers into my shoulder I searched for the bullet while biting my lip. Once I found it I went on to the next bullet hole and searched. Being a vampire didn't mean we didn't feel pain. Granted our pain barriers were higher than humans but getting shot and stabbed still stung especially if our skin grew around it while it healed. Last time I had to pull a bullet out that was closer to my heart than the one I was currently searching for, and I ended up rushing which then resulted in me ripping a small bit of my heart off. Thankfully it healed quick enough that I didn't die but when I did it I blacked out for a few days.