Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Vote and comment please this was edited by richbags

(Jesse POV)

I frowned as I closed the door to my room locking it. She wasn’t supposed to find out about anything! I didn’t want her involved in any of this mess. It’s bad enough that Hayley knows but I didn’t want Brooklyn to know either. I looked at her and my frown deepened. Why the hell did they handcuff her to the chair? And why did they pull out a gun? The freaking idiots. Hayley climbed into the bed and watched as Brook stared at her, frightened as she started speaking quickly.

“Hayley, don’t let her kill me and Jesse you can’t kill me. We were friends remember? We met when we were 5, I won’t tell anyone I promise. Just don’t kill me; I know we had some problems but I’m sure we can work it out. Who am I kidding? We probably won’t be able to work it out but I’ll do anything except sex, I’m too young to die now. I still have my whole life ahead of me,” I frowned in frustration by her rambling. She kept going on and on like the freaking energizer bunny. “I want to have kids and get married and live a very clichéd life. You know the stupid American dream. Yeah that’s my dream, white picket fence, maybe a dog, 3 children, and a husband. I want to grow old, knit and stuff. I don’t want to die; I have so many things to do, like my bucket list. ” I watched her as she kept scooting back in the chair shifting her eyes around the room. I sighed; did she really think I was going to kill her or something? She’s really dumb if she does.

“Brook I’m sorry,” I said stepping forward to un-cuff her. Her eyes widened when I lifted my hand before she screamed and closed her eyes. I cringed from the pitch and looked at her confused before I realized I had the gun in my hand.

“Slim you idiot,” I heard Hayley mumble. I shrugged, the gun was a blank, it wouldn’t hurt her but it had one hell of a bang.

“Brook,” I said trying to calm her down but she kept screaming. I groaned, this is annoying.

“Cover your ears Red,” I said. She looked at me confused but did as I told her. I held the gun up and pulled the trigger. The sound bounced off of the walls throughout the room. I looked at Brook frowning as she fell back from shock. I rolled my eyes and dropped the gun.

“Freaking idiot,” I grumbled un-cuffing her. I pulled her up and sat her on the bed. She stared at me frightened, my eyes furrowed as her hand went for something. I snatched at her hand and held her down while I tossed the Taser to the other side of the room.
“Stop, I won’t say anything, I’ll do anything, just don’t kill me,” she said frantically. I heard Hayley laughing quietly at the head of the bed.

 “Jesus Brook! I’m not going to hurt you! I would’ve done it by now so stop with this stupidness,” I said frowning. She frowned back, I guess she’s back to normal.
“It isn’t stupid; you are an animal, with your stupid pack! And stupidness isn’t a word!” she shouted. I looked at her confused. Pack? Where the hell did she get pack from? I frowned before I realized Melissa must have told her. For some reason Melissa always referred to us as a pack and I was the alpha or something stupid like that. The girl reads way too many books.

“It isn’t a pack, it’s a gang,” I said slowly her eyes widened again.

“That’s not any better! You kill innocent people!” I sighed and started talking so she would shut the hell up.

“Look, let me just explain. Yes, I joined a gang when I was in New York. I know it was stupid to do but I… well that’s a different story. Right now I’m the leader, I have been for almost two and a half years and no we don’t go around killing everything that we see. That would be stupid. Yes we have killed a few but it was only in self-defense.” I finished not wanting to get into any details with anything. She stared at me.