Chapter 16

Some might not like this chapter but it sets up the remaining plot for the story so bare with me. I actually cut most of this scenes within this scene out. so there will be minor details

Chapter 16

(Jesse POV)

“Teddy,” Hayley said peeking her head out the door I didn’t acknowledge her. Right now I was on top of the school’s roof where the green house was. No I wasn’t mad at Brook for turning down the offer. I actually didn’t mind because I was going to play the guilt card on her which I know will eat her up on the inside. Eventually she’ll be back and tell me I could take her but anyways I was actually mad at Hayley for bringing up something yesterday that I didn’t want to be mentioned because quite frankly she had no business bringing it up.

   So Hayley and I haven’t really talked much, sure I stayed the night with her but our conversations were flat and dull mostly yes or no before I would end it. I furrowed my eyebrows and flicked a cigarette on the railing watching the ashes fall off before I put it back in my mouth. Yes I was smoking an actual cigarette. I took one from Sherry when we were in the quad the other day not to smoke but to look at. I haven’t had one since Hayley brought me the Electronic ones.
“Are you smoking,” She asked popping up beside me I leaned against the railing and looked out at the area we were in, I blew out the smoke as Hayley snatched the cigarette out my mouth. I frowned and grabbed her wrist while slamming her against the glass of the green house.

“Don’t touch my damn cigarette,” I hissed quietly while snatching it out her hand she was shocked and frightened, I could tell but I’m too pissed off to care. I was going to a small place right now the other part was starting to surface.

“Leave me alone, I don’t want to talk or see you,” she nodded quickly she was shaking as she left mumbling a quick sorry. I sighed and sat down frowning at the ground, I looked at the cigarette in my hand it didn’t taste the same as the electronic one in fact it didn’t taste good at all but it was calming me.
“One foot, one foot,” I mumbled with memories coming into my head I shook my head and tried to concentrate.
“One foot in front of the other no looking back Jesse no looking back,” I took a long drag of the cigarette feeling a burn in my throat, I coughed slightly before I shook my head and put it out. I stood up and stretched before I went through the door I came out off. I walked down the stairs until I got to the main hallway just in time for the bell. I looked around as students came pouring out all of the classrooms, I walked down the hall pushing some people out my way I needed something.
“Sherry,” I shouted out when I spotted her walking around the corner she raised her eyebrow at me. I nodded as I got closer she went in her bag and pulled out a bottle.

“Thanks,” I mumbled she shook her head at me.
“Cool it Jesse, you starting to loose your temper, and what did you do to Hayley she ran past me and she’s been acting weirder,” She said I rolled my eyes ignoring her question. I only lost it once. I opened the cap and starting drinking, the liquid was sweet but hot. I loved the burning sensation in my chest and throat.

“Here,” I mumbled wiping my mouth she stared at it.

“That’s more than usual,” I shrugged, she reached up and put her hand on my forehead.
“You’re warm,” She mumbled under her breath I chuckled and moved her hand as the late bell rung the halls were clear of everyone except us of course.

“Go to class,” I said she nodded but put something in my hand.
“Take it or your fever is going to get worst,” I rolled my eyes and popped the pill in my mouth before I walked away. I had to find Hayley and apologize or something I didn’t mean to scare or anything. I walked down the hallway until I reached the auditorium doors I know Hayley hid in here or she used to hide in here, she told me she used to hide in here all the time when the rumors had started. I looked around frowning it was pretty dark in here I couldn’t really see anything. I put my bag down by the door before I walked over to the stage. Everything in here was out in the open except for the stage. The curtains were closed. I walked up the steps and slipped behind the heavy velvet curtains, I cursed under my breath it was even darker back here but I could see the shapes of everything. I took a step forward putting my hand against the wall. I know she is back here somewhere I could hear her crying or someone crying since I wasn’t sure if it was her yet. I could see a figure in the corner.