Chapter 29

Comment vote

Chapter 29

(Jesse POV)

I groaned as a soft hand slapped my face. I peeked my eyes open knowing exactly who it was.

“Xavier, go back to sleep,” I grumbled while he pouted with tears forming in his eyes. I sighed and sat up taking him with me. I peeked over at Isabel seeing that she was still knocked out, along with Hayley. We were in the playroom in the basement. It was basically a big padded area for them, so if they fell they wouldn’t get hurt or anything. It was actually really comfortable to sleep on too. Which is why we all fell asleep down here. I was watching them Hayley fell asleep first. I had grabbed her a thick sheet and laid it down for before getting her a comfortable thin cover and a pillow. Next to fall asleep was Isabel she went straight to sleep after a bottle, I placed her comfortably in the swing so she wouldn’t wake up. It was still swaying too. Next was Xavier, he was hell putting to sleep, first he cried then he pooped then cried some more. I had finally gotten him to sleep after giving him two bottles and using a white noise machine along with rocking him back and forth after that I was basically dead tired which is why Xavier slept right next to me. I put him on a nice thick cover like Hayley and fell right to sleep.
“Come on thing one,” I complained while getting up. I carried him over to the changing table. I laid him down and changed his stinky diapers. He was always a pooper no matter what you fed him. I sighed and wiped him before sticking the pacifier in his mouth. He stared at me with his bright blue eyes. I rolled my eyes and picked him back up thank god that he was still tired. I stepped around Hayley and laid back down. I placed him on my chest watching him, furrow his face into my shirt before he turned his head to the side. I draped the sheet over him, and rubbed his back, smiling when his eyes fluttered shut. I grinned to myself and the second one is out again. I sighed and stood up, I laid him in the other swing and buckled him in before turning it on. It rocked him back and forth. I placed a bottle next to each of them before returning to Hayley.

“Red, wake up,” I spoke softly while pushing her hair out the way, she grumbled under her breath and moved into my chest. I laughed and pinched her thigh lightly, causing her to jump in shock. I smiled down at her while she frowned before going back to my chest.

“That hurt,” She grumbled I chuckled and hugged her before sitting her up.
“Wake up, you’ll be up all night,” I said shaking her gently she groaned into my chest again and peeked out at me. I kissed her forehead stood up while taking her with me. She leaned all her weight on me.
“I’m still tired,” She mumbled I shook my head and pulled her shirt down while smoothing out her hair.
“I know, but you’ll be up all night if you keep sleeping during the day, we have to get your sleep schedule fixed before you go to school again,” She nodding into my chest, I rolled my eyes as she yawned and shut her eyes.
“Hmm okay,” she mumbled I groaned as she fell back asleep only she could fall asleep standing. I picked her up and went over to the couch.

“Just this once,” I left out sigh of defeat, while laying her down and draping the cover over her. I sat down and flicked the T.V on. I leaned back keeping my eyes on the twins especially Xavier he was famous for waking up from his naps. I think it was a good twenty minutes into watching Tom and Jerry when my phone rung. I picked it up without checking the ID.
“Jesse,” I said keeping my eyes on Jerry as he went into his hole.
“What’s wrong brook,” I asked confused she usually doesn’t call me, its usually the other way around.
“Nothing just sitting here….. bored,” I rolled my eyes. She must be bored if she’s calling me.
“Hmm” there was a long silence, I could hear her breathing through the phone “Want to come over? the kids are asleep,” I stated she laughed lightly.
“You mean Hayley, Xavier and Isabel,” I chuckled she knew me too well.