Chapter 37

(Chapter 37)

(Brook POV)

I woke up to empty sheets and the sound of the shower turning off; looking around I spotted a suit tossed over a chair. Either Jesse’s going somewhere or she was gone all night. I ran my hand through my tangled hair thinking about the other day. That look she gave me, I’ve never seen her directed it at anyone expect Chris and the people she played with

“You’re up,” Jesse said stepping out the bathroom rubbing her head dry. My mouth dropped opened un-expectantly.

“What the hell happened to your face,” I exclaimed she shrugged with a grin.
“Nothing, just got back from a meeting,” she said sitting down I reached out and touched the side of her bruised cheek.

“What kind of meeting left you like this,’ I asked with a slight frown she shrugged again and pushed my hand away.
“Mostly all of my meetings, this one kind of went a little haywire, but I settled it,” She laid back with a sigh.
“Did you just get in,” I asked curiously she nodded while loowith an eyebrow raised.
“Yeah,” She stared at me for a second “You’re not mad,” She asked suspiciously I sighed and pulled my knees up to chest. Honestly I didn’t know anymore.
“Would you be mad if I said I was afraid,” I asked looking down at her, she turned to her side and leaned up.
“No, I wouldn’t, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you or anything, I just…. there’s just a lot going on right now, I just want everyone safe including you. I know you aren’t used to this, but you can’t trust everyone you meet,” I didn’t say anything this time as she kissed my cheek.
“I have to go soon,” she said standing up this time, I reached out and grabbed her by her sleeve, she smiled gently down at me causing heat to rise up my face.
“You’re leaving again,” I blurted out she nodded and placed a hand on top of my head as if I was a little kid.
“Yeah, just for a bit, I’ll be at school in a hour or so,” I nodded something wasn’t right I could feel it in my gut. She’s never been to this many meetings at once.

“Is everything okay,” I asked hesitantly she laughed a little and bent down to me.
“Yup, just tying up a few loose strings,” I reached out and touched the cut above her swollen eye unsure about everything, she was worn out and hurt.
“Shouldn’t you rest first or take a nap, you haven’t slept since the other night,” I said she shrugged and kissed my cheek.
“I’m fine, I had some coffee, I might go to sleep after the first meeting then I’ll come back or something,” I shook my head and held onto her hand. If I know one thing about Jesse its that she doesn’t function without sleep, I know that hasn’t changed at all.
“You know how you get without sleep,” I half scowled she laughed and sat next to me.

“I fixed that, Sherry made me some stuff to take throughout the day,” I raised my eyebrow making her laugh again.
“You passed out last time,” I placed my hand on her forehead watching her smirk.
“See I’m fine, I’ll be at that place you’re meeting Sam at later, Blake and Melissa will be following you around,” I sighed I hated when they followed me its not like they blended in with the crowd, it was quiet obvious what they were doing.

“You need a stealth program then,” I muttered under my breath, she chuckled lightly and kissed my cheek.
“I’ll tell them to look normal,” I raised my eyebrow Blake was practically a grown man how the hell was he going to look normal.

“Trust me it’ll work, but I seriously have to go now,” She kissed me quickly before leaving out the room. I sighed. There she goes again. I rolled over on my back. I swear she was out more than she was in.

“Brook come on, Jesse just left, I’m in charge of you,” Sherry said gleefully while popping her head in with Amy.

“I thought you would be with her,” I said standing up she shrugged and came in.