Durmstrang

Jades POV

After packing my bags, I was all ready to leave. People had been bugging me all day, trying to get me to tell them where I was going, but I wasn't allowed. Leaving was going to be hard as I've not not been around them for so long but I suppose it's necessary, to stop Pettigrew. I can't believe I won't be able to see my brothers and my boyfriend until the summer, I don't know how I'll manage without them. I was determined to see Hermione before I left to sort things out between us. Where on earth do we find Hermione these days? Library. Why did I ask. Wait, I'm just talking to myself. This is awkward.

"Hermione where are you?" I whisper-yelled walking into the library. She peeped her head round the corner of a shelf, obviously shocked to see me looking for her or even speaking to her after what happened.

"Look, I'm so sorry about what happened, I got caught in the moment, I didn't mean any of it." She rambled.

"Come on, let's just forget it, I got caught up too, it was a stressful day." I replied.

"Friends?" Hermione requested.

"Friends." I confirmed, enveloping her in a hug. Unfortunately, it was soon time to leave so I walked to Dumbledores office to see my brothers, Ginny, Ellie (my favourite) and Harry already gathered in there. I looked at them, my first thought was try not to cry, but that soon failed. After a few tearful goodbyes and promises to write everyday, I turned to Harry. I looked into his emerald eyes as yet another tear slid down my cheek.

"Don't cry," he said. "We'll see each other soon." I kissed him one final time before Dumbledore kicked them out his office and I stepped into the fireplace.

"Remember," said Dumbledore. "Karkaroff is my cousin. He'll take good care of you during your time there." With that I was off. Within seconds, I had arrived in what I assumed to be Karkaroffs office. Karkaroff, whom I had met once before, was sat at a large desk and seemed to be taking a nap. I shook his shoulder gently.

"Uncle Karkaroff." I yelled into his ear, he woke with a start.

"Ah, my niece!" He exclaimed, wrapping me in a hug which felt rather awkward. He welcomed me to Durmstrang and led me to my room. His castle felt cold and grey compared to the home feeling Hogwarts gave me.

During my time at Durmstrang, I became friends with most of the boys there, who became like brothers to me. I learnt to speak fluent Bulgarian in a matter of shorts weeks of my stay here. Overall, my time here was fun especially because the nightmares Pettigrew was putting in my mind had stopped upon my arrival. However, summer was soon approaching and as Durmstrang finished a day earlier than Hogwarts, I went to Kings Cross to surprise my friends. They all seemed extremely pleased to see me, they wouldn't leave me alone, and we all returned to the Burrow in high spirits.