Chapter 44: Proposal

a/n: YO AS I WAS EDITING I REALIZED THIS IS THE FLUFFIEST AND CHEESIEST CHAPTER EVER HOLY FUCKING LAWD😂😉 ENJOY

Syori's POV

Time passed, and the pain Kyungsoo felt was gone. It amazed me how he tried his best to get over Halmeoni's death. It was something that hurt him so much, and I couldn't blame him. She was important to me too.

I was sitting in the bubble tea shop, sitting at the booths at the corner. Kyungsoo was out for the day getting 'more ingredients,' which confused me. They were usually shipped to the shop, at least that's what Suho told me.

As I lazily sipped the drink Jongin gave me, I heard my phone ring its familiar ringtone. I picked it up after seeing his caller ID.

"Hello?"
"Oh, a-aegi. You p-picked up right away." There was a tint of nervousness in Kyungsoo's voice, leaving me curious.

"I always pick up early, oppa."
"Y-yeah?"
I couldn't help but laugh at the sound of his voice. "Why'd you call?"

"You're free, right?"
"Did you get short term memory or something? I went with you to the boba store, I'm here with Jongin and the girls."

I heard an audible shaky sigh, and I let out a giggle. "Soo, are you okay?"

"O-of course I am!"
"Why are you stuttering? You aren't hiding anything, are you?"
"No, aegi! I promise nothing is happening I only love you and-"

I hushed him through the phone, "I swear something's up. Do you want to meet up?"
"That's exactly why I called...can we meet up in about an hour? I wanna eat out with you."

I nodded, "Sure, I'll head to the house first okay?"
"Sure. See you later, aegi. Saranghae~"
"Nado saranghae." I hung up and slung my bag around my shoulder, telling Jongin I'll be going home.

Once I was at the house, I changed into a dark gray dress, an outfit Kyungsoo said was so beautiful on me. I always wore it on special dates we had, and I felt today was probably something exciting.

I paired it with matching heels and a navy green bag, clutching it in my hand before fixing my hair. I let it flow naturally down my shoulders. After finishing up a little bit of makeup, I walked out to the door and waited for my husband.

Kyugsoo arrived shortly later, and to my surprise was dressed up with a matching black top

Kyugsoo arrived shortly later, and to my surprise was dressed up with a matching black top. I smiled at him sweetly as he pecked my forehead and led me into the car.

Once we were both settled in and he helped me with my seatbelt, I squeezed his hand. "So where are we going?"

"Surprise."

I eyed him, "Surprise?"
"Yes, surprise."

I didn't say anything else, knowing Kyungsoo he wouldn't tell me anything. I looked out the window and gasped in surprise to see we were heading out to a fancy restaurant, fancier than any other place we've eaten.

"Damn..." I muttered, clasping my hand over my mouth. Kyungsoo laughed at my reaction and parked the car before heading out to open the door for me.

I giggled as he took my hand in his and walked me inside, where there was an area reserved for us up at the rooftop.

"How did you manage to find such a gorgeous place?" I said, glancing at every corner of the building as the waitress took us upstairs.

"Your kpop husband helped me." I nudged him, "Stop calling Jisoo that, you're my only husband okay?" His cheeks flushed red and I laughed.

At the top, it was a decorated place filled with dimmed lights and rose petals laid on the ground. There was a table for two at the middle, candles placed down neatly with my favorite food.

My eyes almost watered at just the sight, my heart was pounding. Why was he suddenly doing this for me?!

Kyungsoo pulled out the chair for me and let me sit, truly amused at my reaction. "Eat now, I bet you're hungry." I nodded and didn't hesitate to dig in.

Kyungsoo ate as well, but I felt his eyes on me almost the whole time. I was suddenly feeling nervous, this was almost like a perfect night, almost too perfect. Was he going to...leave me?

After we both finished, the waitress took our plates as we sat on the ground with a blanket. He put his head on my shoulder before humming a tune we both loved. We began to harmonize and it made me smile to think how beautiful his voice was.

The sun began to set, and Kyungsoo glanced at me before coughing slightly. "You know, I wanted to say something."

My questions were about to get solved, "Yes?"

"Well, I just...wanted to thank you. For everything. Syori, I know I haven't always been the best person for you, but ever since we met, my life was turned upside down. And that's a good thing! I mean," I poked his red cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I'm so nervous."
"Nervous?" Kyungsoo stood up and pulled me up too, taking my hands in his.

"I love you. So much. I love seeing your beautiful face when I wake up in the morning, hearing your voice talking or scolding me," I scoffed and he let out a nervous chuckle.

"I love when you always act so cute and be a little goofball, because it makes me smile. You made me change, and I am forever grateful for that. When Halmeoni passed away, you were there to help me get over the grief. And I'm so thankful. The words I'm saying right now aren't even enough for me to express how I feel, I just love you so fucking much."

I was already crying in happiness, the tears streamed down my face as he wiped them away. My jaw dropped when he went down on one knee, taking out a red velvet box and revealing a shiny diamond ring.

"Will you marry me? Again? I want it real, we were first married for money and needs of other people. This time, it's for the real reason. For love."

I nodded and said yes, as he wrapped his arms around me and spun me around. I felt my heart beating faster than the speed of light.

"I love you so much, Syori."
"I love you too, Kyungsoo."

a/n: i got hella emotional writing this and im at my cousins house oml😂 GUYS ITS ENDING OH MY SHIET KAKDKSJDJSDJA I LOVE YOU ALL ISTG<3