Chapter 10: Why Am I Here...

Syori's POV
After what seemed like an eternal sleep (which I didn't mind considering I slept for a few hours), I woke up. I rubbed my eyes and looked around, realizing I was in the living room, on the couch I called my official bed.

I turned and jumped at the sight of Kai's beautiful face. He was asleep and with his head on the arm rest and the rest of his body in a sitting position. He was kneeling down next to me, and I realized he was probably taking care of me. I played with the ends of his hair and wondered how long he was here and why. I mean, it wasn't like Kyungsoo sent him here, he doesn't give a shit about me.

Kai's eyes suddenly fluttered open and I put my hand back to my side. Before I could close my eyes and pretend to sleep, Kai saw me and his eyes widened. "Syori! How long were you awake?! Aigoo..."

He leaned in and examined my tired face. He brushed off my bangs and sweaty hair before pulling me up, his strong arms catching me slightly as I tumbled. I got myself out of his arms and held onto mine, keeping a fair distance between us. He watched me fold my blanket and arrange my pillows before calling Hyerin and Sunmi. I walked with him to kitchen and reluctantly drank the medicine the three of them gave me.

After gulping a cool glass of water, I looked at Kai, who was sitting across from me and staring at what I was doing. He touched my hand and we made eye contact.

"Are..you feeling better?"
"N-ne." He nodded before taking my glass and washing it. As he washed the dishes, I began to ask him questions.

"How did you know what happened to me? Where's Kyungsoo...?" He looked up and replied, "He told me. But he couldn't have stayed because he had to go." Go, leave, just like I thought. I nodded with disgust obvious on my face. Kai noticed and said, "Yah, what's with the frown?"

"Does Kyungsoo not have a heart? He doesn't care about anything I do, he doesn't bother to be nice to me, sometimes I wonder why he hates me. It's because I'm poor, isn't it? I'm just a poor brat who just needs attention and money, and-"

"Syori!" He threw the cup down, shattering it into the sink. I flinched at the loud bang, and Kai came to sit next to me, shoving the chair out. He looked at me with a serious expression that wasn't angry but was more of disappointment.

"Listen to me. You are not a poor brat who needs all that. If you need someone to tell you that every single day, fine. I'll do it, and not because I have feelings for you, but because I pity you." I stared at him, suddenly embarrassed of what I said. He cared about me so much to the point where he'd constantly remind me I'm not as worthless as Kyungsoo made me seem.

"Also," he continued, "Soo may not always be here, but that doesn't mean he's leading his life in a worthless way. He just has his own reasons..." Kai trailed off and avoided making eye contact with me for a little.

I nodded slightly with my head down and mumbled a 'Sorry,' before excusing myself to go to the bathroom. Right when I locked the door, I cried. I let out everything that I didn't have the courage to spill before. Flashbacks of Kyungsoo's cruelty played in my head.

It's been about two days since we settled into the house, and I was walking into the office room, where a lot of Hyerin's clothes and my stuff was.
As I passed by the master's room, I overheard Kyungsoo talking to someone on the phone.

"I have so much to do here. Omo, I still have to deal with that hoe that I'm forced to see everyday."

I cringed at the words, my heart was slowly breaking. I knew he was talking about me...I didn't feel much safer, how can Eomma say everything will be okay? I listened to him yell to the other end of the line for a little. I walked and hid behind the door, which was slightly opened.

The call ended and I was curious to wondering who he was talking to. I was about to lean in when the door opened and out came Kyungsoo and me falling into his arms. His eyes widened and mine did too as I backed up far enough for my back to meet the other side of the wall.

"Mw-mwoya?! Do you have any respect?" he yelled exasperatedly, and I bit my lip in fear. I heard him mumble, "Brat, I wouldn't do that..." and I rushed off before he could yell at me even more...

----

A few weeks ago, I was studying for my upcoming lab. I was in the master's room FaceTiming with Sehun and we were quizzing each other on the elements of the Periodic Table.

As I flipped through my binder to look for my other study guide, Kyungsoo barges in and throws his backpack onto the floor. My phone fell down because of the impact of his throw, and Sehun didn't see Kyungsoo (thankfully).  He gave me a dirty look before throwing all of my papers that were on the bed onto the floor.

"Yah!" I yelled, picking all of it off the floor before Kyungsoo could step on the rest of it.
"This isn't your room!"
"I know it isn't. I study in here because wifi is better connected."
"All you have to do is ask! Geez, if you already know what to do, then don't play dumb."

I felt hurt with his words and wiped my eyes furiously before crumpling the already ruined essay document I prepared for tomorrow. He scoffed and said, "Oh look, now your crying. Damn, I'm a bad guy aren't I." I rolled my eyes and ignored how sarcastic his words sounded...

----

"Unni! Guess what? Sunmi is coming later tonight!"
"That's great," I mumbled into the phone. You should prepare for when she arrives. I'll clean for a bit."

"Ahh, thanks! I'll be back soon." And with that, she ended the call and I got up. I swept the floor and cleaned the plates before heading outside to water the plants.

On the front porch, Kyungsoo's shoes were sitting, and I went to pick it up.
"Aish, Kyungsoo. You're so irresponsible. Let's go shoes, I'll make sure you won't get wet." I walked back inside and bumped into the jerk, who was dressed up again to leave. He pointed to my shoes. "Why do you have my shoes?"

"I was just going to put it away, don't worry I wasn't planing on burning it..." I continued to walk but he grabbed my arm, and I winced slightly at the pain.

He let go of me quickly and was about to say something but didn't. Instead, he snatched the shoes from my hand and threw it onto the floor. "Next time, let the owner clean up after himself. I'm not 'irresponsible.'" And with that, he walked off, leaving me to stare at his back quietly...

----

I shut my eyes tightly and held onto myself, whispering "Everything will be okay...gwenchana Syori...Chanyeol oppa..." I knew I was a disturbance to Kyungsoo, and he made it obvious too. My head began to hurt again, and I sobbed so much to the point that I had no energy to even stand. My whole body was shaking, and I felt like a miserable failure.

I just want my existence to Kyungsoo's life to exist. I wish I wasn't someone who had to depend on others all the time. It made me seem like some kind of hopeless person.
Well that's what I am right? Some hopeless person that doesn't have any true value.

a/n: Hey guys! So this chapter is out, sorry these chapters have been pretty sad latelyTT^TT but don't worry, the suspense will get better? Idk how to describe what'll happen next, it might spoil~XD thanks for reading, and I'll see you next time! Annyeong:)