Chapter 8: Sick Days

Saturday, Syori's POV
The weekend finally came, and I woke up with a fever. I groaned slightly, I forgot about my health in the midst of all the stress.

My head was aching as I sat up, wondering what the time was. I took my phone from the table and saw it was 9:49 a.m, which was later than when I'd usually wake up. I ruffled my bed head hair and stood up, walking to the kitchen.

Hyerin was busy cooking scrambled eggs, and when she saw me she smiled happily.
"Annyeong unni! How was your sleep?"
"Not so good, I woke up feeling sick~"
She worriedly rushed to me and put her hand on my forehead. She tsked and instructed me to get the medicine from the cupboard as she prepared some water.

After giving me the pills and getting satisfied that I was okay, she continued cooking and we started a little conversation about her college. We were laughing so hard at her stories that I didn't notice Kyungsoo standing, watching us quietly. I saw him in the corner of my eye and turned quickly, getting dizzy at my sudden movement.

"H-hi Kyungsoo...do you need anything?" He ignored me and looked at Hyerin, who was timidly standing behind me. "I need my lunch now." She nodded and gave him his food, and he began to walk off. I got pissed off, this wasn't the first time I've heard him be so demanding to her.

"Yah! No please or thank you?"
He turned and looked at me, eyebrows raised. "Excuse me?"
"No, more like excuse me! Can you be thankful that Hyerin has been working hard here? It's not the first time you raise your voice at her, and yet you still disrespect her! What kind of guy are you..." He scoffed and rolled his eyes, walking off once again. I sighed in exasperation and touched my forehead, which felt so hot.

"Thank you unni, but you didn't have to do that..." Hyerin's voice trailed off. I looked at her sadly and nodded before telling her I'll go lie down for a bit.

As I turned on the TV and flipped through the channels, the doorbell rang. I rushed out to get it, and saw Eomma.

"Eomma!" I opened the gate and welcomed her with a hug. She returned it and patted my head before walking inside with me. She had some of my stuff and wanted to drop it off personally. As we went in, she updated me on Chanyeol and Sehun at home.

"Sehun's been coming over more often with his girlfriend, Daon, and he's been helping me out at the bakery. Same with Chanyeollie. They've been missing you a lot, Syori. You should come to visit soon."

"I really want to Eomma," I said to her while we were folding my clothes. ''I'm just too busy. You know, with school and Kyungsoo...'' I trailed off at his name, making Eomma slightly frown. ''Syori-ah, I know it's been hard. But this marriage had to happen, it's the tradition.''

''But Eomma. Did you not realize I'm lying to Baekhyun?! Slowly breaking his heart??''
''I know, I feel guilty because I have too become very fond of him. But we can't break traditions because we love someone else. Syori, I'm sorry.'' I've heard her apologize each time we brought up this subject, and part of me was angry for not accepting reality.

I know loving Baekhyun will have to stop, but I can't. He's been with me through a lot, and losing him will surely kill me.

''Eomma, don't be sorry. I just, have to understand and accept the situation.'' I laid my hand on top of hers before giving her another hug, her tears slowly falling. I felt guilty for being the reason of her cries, she always began to suffer because of her worry towards me.

Shortly after, she left the house and left me alone with Hyerin. The whole time I constantly had to lie down and rest because of my sick condition. Later in the afternoon, Kai surprised us and came to the house with a bag of medicine. He handed it to me, who was confused yet thankful for the surprising gift.

"Kai!"
"Annyeong Syori, Hyerin." He waved at her from afar, and she did the same. He then turned to me, who was still shocked of his presence.
"Kyungsoo's not here. Why'd you come?"
"To see you, duh."
''Mwoya...what is this for Kai?" I looked at the bag in my hand.
''For your sickness? You need it, so drink and eat everything according to the instructions this week. Ok?''

''Arrasso.'' I looked at him curiously and gave the packages to Hyerin, who also looked a little surprised to see Kai here. How'd he know I was sick...?

He followed me into the living room as I lied down, feeling relieved to be on the couch. Kai looked at me curiously, ''You sleep here?!'' I nodded with my eyes shut and reached out for the pillow near my feet. Kai took it before my hands could touch it and hit me lightly.

''Yah! No wonder you're sick, it's so hot here in the living room! Stay in the master's room, if Kyungsoo is going to hurt you then fight back!'' I stared at him dumbfounded, did he not realize I was so used to sleeping here already?

''Kai, it's okay. I like staying here anyways, Hyerin keeps me company anyways.'' Before he could argue back, I covered his mouth with my hand. ''Kai. Stop it. I'm okay, you've helped me a lot anyways so I'll probably get better soon.''

He rolled his eyes playfully and finally gave in. I let him sit next to me and we watched some kdramas for a little until Suho called in the middle of an episode. He put the call on speaker and answered his hyung.

''Yobeoseyo?''
''Where are you at? I've been looking for you~''
"Wae?" Kai turned off the speaker and held up a finger at me. He became silent and mumbled an okay before ending the call. I looked at him curiously.
"What happened? Is there something wrong with Suho oppa?"

"Ani," he replied at me, his puffy lips forming an adorable smile. I nodded and we continued our marathon for a little before he stood up.
"Syori I have to go now, annyeong!"
"Aw okay, bye Kai~"
As he walked off, he turned around. "Drink your medicine!"

"Yes doctor, I will." He made a face before going out the door. He suddenly came back in and yelled, "If I find out you're still sick next time I visit, we aren't going to watch that kdrama together."

"Aigoo, Kai! I will get better. Promise." He nodded and made a thumbs up before heading off again. I waited for him to pop out again, but he didn't, making me a little disappointed.

If only Kyungsoo was like Kai, I thought sadly, getting mesmerized at the TV screen once again...

a/n: hey guys! Okayyy so tomorrow I'm graduating! Haha I can finally have more time to write these chapters after, which I'm so happy about. Also, my mom got me those connecting keyboards for my iPad mini, which is AMAZING! I can write so much quicker now...anyways, how was the chapter? Hope you all will get ready for the upcoming ones, thx for reading~^^