Chapter 13: Heart Break

Baekhyun's POV.
Syori walked off to follow two guys, saying goodbye to me and the others. I've never seen them before, who were they? [a/n: if you're wondering why he didn't see them before, he wasn't with Chanyeol, Song Bin, and Sehun the first time the boys picked her up]

Once she left, I turned to Sehun, who was gazing at her sadly.
"Sehun-ah, do you know them?"
"Aniyo, I've only see them ever since the wedding was over." His eyes widened and he covered his mouth as if he said something wrong.

"Wedding?" I looked at him curiously but he wouldn't reply. I smacked his head and he pouted. "Oh Sehun, tell me. What wedding?!" He shook his head no and keeps his mouth shut. I kicked him lightly, and he made a sour face. Sehun was such a stubborn kid, just like Syori. I smirked and put my hands on his sides, tickling him up and down. He began to laugh so hard he almost fell off the seat.

"Hyung!! Help me!" Chanyeol and the girls looked at us amusingly. Baekhyun held up his hand, "Ani, don't help him Chan."

"Ughhhh," Sehun struggled against my grip on him, and he yelled out, "Fine, I'll tell you!"  I let go of him instantly, my eyes widening in excitement and in curiosity.

He fiddled with his fingers nervously before grabbing my arm and dragging me away from the people next to us. When we were far enough from them, he hesitated before speaking again.

"I'm sorry hyung..." his voice trailed off, and I stared at him worriedly. "What's it about Sehun?" Sehun gazed at me and then moved around uncomfortably. "Syori has..a fixed marriage. She left school last week because of that..."

"Oh." My hands began to tremble and I felt my heart drop. I wanted to scream and yell, but I knew it wouldn't help. We've always thought of the future playfully, and talk about after a couple of years in college I may or may not propose. But Syori had already been arranged to marry someone, someone who was probably better than me in every way.

I hated it so much, but at the same time, I learned how to control myself. I didn't want to make this a big deal, maybe talking to Syori and talking it through will help. Sehun bit his lip and stared at me fight my inner thoughts. I snapped out of it and looked up at him, sighing.

"It's okay. I'll talk to her about it." I turned to go get my bike but Sehun grabbed my arm. "Hyung she doesn't know I told you!"
"Oh well. She will now." And before he could stop my I sprinted to the parking lot and rode my way home.

Syori's POV
When I arrived home, me and the boys talked and enjoyed a little while together. "Why'd you guys bring me home early??"

"Kyungsoo said he wouldn't have time to come to your school because he's now at work, so he said we'd do it." Suho said simply, watching my eyes comedically. i didn't actually think Kyungsoo was telling the truth about what he said this morning...I quickly nodded not saying anything and excused myself from our hangout.

I went into the kitchen and saw Hyerin and Sunmi writing in little notebooks. "Hey guys, what's that for?" Sunmi looked up. "School. We have an essay to do and since we don't have a computer, seonsaengnim said to do it on lined paper with neat handwriting."

Hyerin was busy writing her sentences as straight as possible, but it slightly slanted at times making her frustrated. "Aish! We're the only ones using paper..." she exclaimed. I began to pity them so I patted their backs. "Yah, stop it's wasting the eraser. I'll get Soo's laptop and you two can use it, okay?" They looked at me nervously.
"Aniya unni! He doesn't want us touching that thing."
"Well if you guys get in trouble say it was my fault. I don't want you guys to mess up your hard work."

They had a relieved look on their faces when I returned with the MacBook. I smiled and told them I'd wash the dishes.

There was a pile of bowls and plates and I sighed knowing it was Kyungsoo who made all this mess. I imagined him just putting little portions of his food on ten different plates and spreading it everywhere.

I shook my head and laughed at the thought to myself as I got the soap from under the sink. As I began washing the dishes, my phone vibrated on the counter. I wiped my hands and picked it up, and my stomach flipped over.

Baekhyun oppa🍫❤️: hi Syori, I hope you arent busy...can we meet? Today at around 5ish? I just wanna talk...we can meet at the Big Eyed Boba place:)

My heart was pounding hard. First, he said my real name, which he never does when we text. Also, he used a lot of ellipses and he always hated it when I did that. It was our signal that something was wrong.

I replied to him with an okay before going to the room to change. It was 4:45, which meant I had about 15 minutes before I should go to the store. I put on a turquoise shirt with lace on the bottom with ripped jeans, an outfit simple yet presentable.

I went out and Suho and Kai were looking at me. "Where are you going?" they asked me simultaneously. "Soo's store. I'm meeting a friend. Is he there right now...?"

"I don't know, he was earlier when we went there." Suho said. They volunteered to drive me there but I declined.

"It's alright, I wanna walk there." Kai reluctantly nodded and Suho waved goodbye as I heading out, pulling on my Converse.

When I got there, Baekhyun was already waiting outside of the store, kicking the dirt. I rushed to him and flashed him a smile. "Hi oppa, what's up?"

"Um, why don't we talk inside? I want a little privacy." He was really awkward as he pointed behind me. I turned around and saw a lot of people sitting in the outdoor tables. I nodded and took his hand as we sat at the corner of the store.

"So, why'd you ask to meet?"
His foot tapped repeatedly under the table as he played with his long, thin fingers. Then he began to speak, not making eye contact with me.

"Okay," his voice trembled, making me really worried. "So...I found out about..." he took a deep breath and looked at me pleadingly, like he didn't want to say what he was going to say. I bit my lip and put my head down, knowing what he meant.

"You found out, didn't you." He nodded and held my hands. "Syori, I should've known-"
"I'm sorry! I was afraid to tell you, and I just didn't want you to become as heartbroken as I am right now. Baekhyun, I love you so much. I just..." My voice trailed off and he touched my cheek before pulling me into a hug. "I'm not mad, don't worry. I'll accept it as long as the guy isn't a cruel asshole."

I slightly laughed and wiped off the tears that were forming. This was something I loved about him, he was always understanding about decisions, whether he liked it or not. Before his shirt could get wet, I let go and he gave me a weak smile.

"I'm not mad." he repeated, wiping my tear stained face softly. I nodded and weakly said, "We can still go to the dance together, as best friends." He laughed and swung an arm around me.

"Geuraeyo." I pouted and looked at him sadly, it was so obvious he was heart broken but didn't want to admit it. I pecked a quick kiss on his cheek and he slyly turned, making my lips land on his mouth. I smiled within the small kiss, and pulled away after a while.

"Yah, Syori Kim. If we are going to continue to be doing this everyday, people will think I'm the one you have the marriage with." I hit him lightly, "Baekhyun!" He laughed and hugged me one last time before taking my hand and walking out the store.

We stood there in the entrance in silence for a little bit before I got a text message from Hyerin saying she didn't know how to print the documents. I quietly chuckled and put my phone away.

"Baekhyun I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow." He nodded and patted my head before letting me walk off.

Before I crossed the street, I turned back to the store, hoping to see Baekhyun standing there to wave back at me.

But he wasn't.

Our Bittersweet Marriage || D.O KyungsooOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara