Chapter 37: Audition

Kyungsoo's POV
We were in a taxi, both of us sitting opposite ends of the car. Syori looked out the window, obviously pissed that I almost murdered her kpop husband.

That Hong Jisoo, stealing my fame and now my girl? What is this...

I turned and glanced at her, who still had her back facing me. I touched her shoulder, "Hey,"
"What do you want," she said in a monotone voice. I sighed, "I'm sorry."

"You should be. Did you not realize you not only almost killed Joshua but you also could've caused some kind of scandal? You're so fucking stupid!"
"Says the one who replies to a freaking Unknown ID? How did we even know that was him? How did you even think that could possibly-"
"How did you hide the fact that you know him?"
"Because I wish I didn't." I said, glaring at her as she stared at me confused.
"Wait what?" I ignored her, ending the conversation. Her eyes were still on me as I turned back around, hoping everything could just be back to normal where there were no problems.

Flashback: 5 years ago
"Kamsamnida!" I said, bowing and giving a heart shaped smile as I left the room. The manager and other workers of Pledis smiled at me before discussing how my audition went.

"How'd you do?" Jongin asked, running out to greet me alongside Joonmyun and Jisoo.
"Amazing," I said, puffing my chest out. They all laughed as I told them how my audition went.

"Hong Jisoo." said a voice from inside the recording room. We all patted our friend's back as he walked into the room, holding in his breath. It was frightening. To think Jisoo and I got audition spaces and only one of us could continue forward. The pressure and stress was real. Too real.

He came out, a big smile of relief on his face. Joonmyun slung an arm around his shoulder as the four of us walked out, laughing at how nervous we looked.

"Good luck hyung."
"Good luck to you too Jisoo."
---
"Omo, Kyungsoo-ah, how long has it been?"
"Like 6 weeks. Why?"
"You still didn't get the letter from Pledis?"
I frowned and glanced at Joonmyun as he came back from the mailbox, carrying letters, none from any music companies.

The phone rang and I rushed over to get it.
"Yeoboseyo-"
"Hyung, hyung, hyung omo!" I raised an eyebrow, listening to Jisoo spazz from the other line.
"What happened?"
"I PASSED, I GOT THE LETTER. I'M GOING INTO PLEDIS! AIGOO, I'M GONNA BE FAMOUS!" He kept blabbering on as my heart sank. I didn't make it into Pledis. Joonmyun patted my back, "Yah, don't feel bad. We can always try again. Maybe JYP, or SM."

I nodded, trying my best to hide my embarrassment and sadness. I ended the call and walked over towards the kitchen, deciding to make some kimchi bokkeumbap.

---
Weeks past, and there was no word from Jisoo on how it went. It was understanding, they couldn't really talk or be in contact with us for the next few weeks, months, possibly years. The three of us stuck together and continued finishing up college.

4 years later
Jongin was flipping through the channels lazily, wiping his forehead after using the treadmill. I walked over and handed him a glass of cold water before turning towards the TV. "Wait, go back to that channel."

It was him.

There he was, our friend who was on stage. He was showing off his eye smile as he got interviewed backstage.
"So, how do you think you're fans will enjoy the debut of Seventeen?"
"Well, I think everyone will definitely enjoy. This is Seventeen's Joshua, and I hope you all will treat me well!" He said as if reciting lines, staring into the camera and smiling.

"He looks so fake." Joonmyun said, popping out of nowhere with food stuffed in his mouth. I nodded, "Everything is practically fake."
"But hyung, didn't you say that you were also in the same audition as Jisoo? That means you could've debuted with them..." Jongin said, staring up at me from the floor.

"Yeah. They needed one more member, I think. Instead of me, Jisoo went in. So there's 13 of them, but 3 of them couldn't get in because of some reason." Both guys sat there sadly as I recalled once again the crushing of my dreams.

---
We went to the city to tour Jongin's sister, who wanted to look around. This was also a few days before I was apparently getting married. Three days to be exact.

Jongin, Joonmyun and his sister walked off to take pictures of the view, and I decided to stay alone, let the air brush through my hair freely. I was alone, probably one of the rarest times I will ever be.

"Can you take this picture for me?" A guy asked. I turned around to see a young boy who looked around 12/13. He handed me the camera and we walked towards a whole group of guys. I watched them all gather around, taking off their face masks.

"Okay, okay. What should we say?"
"Of course 'Say the Name,' stupid. What else?" I looked up, surprised to hear a faintly familiar voice. "Jisoo...?" I looked at each of the boys, wondering if I was hallucinating or not. And there I saw him.

I covered my mouth with my sweater, and quickly took the photo. Handing the camera to the younger boy, I ran off, still hiding my face. "Wait! I have to say thanks-" said a member. I quickened my pace and tried to find wherever Jongin was. I was relieved to see him and grabbed his arm.

"We should go."
"Wait, why?"
"He's here."
"Wait, he?"
"Yes, he."
"He, as in God-"
"YOU'RE SO STUPID! JISOO!" I practically yelled, pointing the direction of the large crowd of fans now coming. I sighed and told all of us to go home. It was bad enough we saw him.

So that's what happened. Why I 'hate him so much.' He stole my opportunity of becoming an idol. It wasn't like I didn't want to be an idol for the fame, I wanted to help Halmeoni the best I can. Once she was diagnosed with cancer, it was such a burden to my parents, especially my father. I knew I had to make money for her somehow.

But I failed. I failed to help Halmeoni.

And to think Jisoo 'loved her too.' After treating him as her own grandchild, after calling him her 'favorite.' He betrayed her.

He betrayed me.

a/n: wow this shit is so dramatic im literally staring at this and thinking 'when was i ever an emo little child'
But yeah how did you guys like it? It was just background to their past and why tf kyungie hates our jisoos christ. But yeah itll be fixed soon:)
Plzzzzz comment vote and share! Love yall BYEBYE<3333