Chapter 24: Her

Kyungsoo's POV
11:29 am.

Great. One more minute till Syori can get out for her lunch. I wonder if she has food...damn it I should've cooked more this morning!
Wait, why am I worrying about her? I shook my head. It's weird, I've been thinking about her more often. How she's been doing, if she's okay, why she's always with that Bacon idiot...

"Aish," I grumbled, ruffling my hair before grabbing the mop and beginning to clean the floor. There were a lot of customers filing inside, and thankfully, Kai and the two girls were there to help me.

Time went by slowly as I cleaned, until suddenly the sound of the door opening disturbed the silence. I got startled and looked up, shocked to see the girl I was thinking of running up to me.

She quickened her pace as I backed away, still surprised she was here. Suddenly, she grabbed my collar and we ended up so close to each other.

"Oh my what-"
"Your ex-girlfriend is such a bitch! Omona~" Syori let go of me and continued to talk. "What is her fucking deal? That Min Young chic is some crazy ass."

I stared speechless, not sure what to say. I didn't even know what was going on. "Okay, chill please. No cursing too." She glared at me before walking off to the counter, where Kai was silently watching us.

The floor was wet because of the mop and Syori slipped, but before I can go save her, Jongin already had his arm around her waist. Both of them stared at each other in surprise, and Syori let out a laugh. "Hey Kai! You were here the whole time?"

He put her down. "Ne, I've been helping Kyung for a bit. The girls are in his office, if you wanna say hi just go in there." She nodded and I felt myself get awkwardly tense. Jongin and her looked at each other in a way she would never do to me. If only I caught her.

My legs moved on its own and I ended up grabbing Syori's arm, pulling her to sit down.
"Kyungsoo-?"

"Sit. I'll get some food first." I walked quickly into the office and grabbed the boxes of Peppero in my bag. Sunmi stared curiously,

"Kyungsoo-ssi. What are you doing?"
"Getting food for Syori. Hyerin move! Aish, ppali ppali~" I moved in circles like a mad person trying to find snacks for me and Syori to share. Hyerin watched me in amusement.

"Yah, just make her boba." I stopped what I was doing and smiled widely. Why didn't I think of that? Stupid Kyungsoo.

I thanked her for the idea before heading out, making some bubble tea. After a few minutes, i went back to the table with two drinks and food in my hand. Syori smiled at me and bowed slightly in her seat before taking the drink and a stick of Peppero. I did the same and we ate quietly before I spoke up.

Syori's POV
Kyungsoo sat down across from me, handing me a cup of strawberry bubble tea. I smiled and thanked him, taking a sip. He watched me carefully, as if wanting to see my reaction to the flavor.

It was delicious, and my happy expression made him satisfied. Oh lord, he's actually smiling. Why and how did he change? I asked myself, watching him rip open the Peppero box like a little kid. He stuffed some into his mouth and I giggled quietly, seeing him enjoy the taste of the food.

"So," he said suddenly, making me snap out of my thoughts. "What happened with her?"
My happy vibe died and I slammed a fist onto the table, startling him.

"She's at my school! As in, attending it!" He choked on his stick of Peppero and widened his eyes. "Mwo?!"

I sighed and ruffled my hair in frustration. I was honestly too tired to elaborate on the issue. "You need to fix this."