Chapter 15: Shadow

(a/n: Can we all just appreciate this picture of Joonmyun😂❤️)

Syori's POV
When I arrived at school, Baekhyun was standing close to the big shady tree we usually hang out by. We made brief eye contact and I looked away turning pink, remembering the conversation we had before.

He sighed and ran up to me, and I faced the other direction, acting like I didn't see him. His hand touched my shoulder.
"Hi." He said, looking at me with his dark brown eyes. I heaved a heavy sigh. "Hi..."

"Look, we can't get awkward about what happened the other day, the others will think something happened." I shifted awkwardly. "Okay. But our relationship-"
He grabbed my hand and squeezed it, not saying anything. He looked down to the floor and said, "We'll tell them we broke up."

"..." I cringed at the words. Even fake breaking up was hard, showing I didn't care about Baekhyun made my heart hurt. "Okay." I said, staring at him sadly. He hugged me tightly before walking with me inside the building, where we met up with Sehun and Baekhyun.

Sehun looked at me scared and then turned to Baekhyun, who mouthed him something I didn't understand.

"Syori-ah. You okay?" Chanyeol said from behind. I nodded without facing him and then decided to start a simple conversation with them so nothing awkward would happen.

"S-so, are you guys ready for the dance next week?" Baekhyun's face lit up. "Yes! I'm going to show you all how good of a dancer I am."

Sehun covered his mouth to stop him from laughing and Chanyeol scoffed, earning a kick on his leg from me and Baekhyun. He pouted at me and patted my head before talking.

"Stop it, Baek. We already know Sehun is the best from all of us." Sehun acted like he was flipping his hair and started making faces at Baekhyun, who was glaring at all of them. I laughed and stopped them. "Ah stop hajima. Chanyeol oppa, has Song Bin gotten her dress already?"

"Ani, she's getting it today. I actually have to leave soon to go get my outfit."
"Yah Syori, we should go get our clothes!"

Baekhyun said, flashing a rectangle smile at me. It reminded me so much of Taehyung's smile, they were both so similar. I smiled and nodded and then the bell ran. "Kaja!" Sehun said happily, linking his arms with Baekhyun's and walking to first period.

----

Once school finished, I went straight to the cafeteria, where I went to hide. Sehun began a hide-and-seek game, and the losers would buy him Pepero. I was too lazy at the moment, plus I didn't want to waste money on food. I mean, his food.

It was super dark, and I had to use the flashlight on my phone. The darkness seemed a little creepier than it usually was. There was no one inside except the janitor and me, but then he left moments after he finished mopping the floor.

I roamed around the space and finally decided what I was doing was dumb. It's already been minutes and they haven't found me. I hesitantly walked around, squinting my eyes to find the exit.

Then, I felt something on my hand and I flinched, screaming. I felt myself slip from the water and I hit the person close to me, making them yell, "Argh, mwoya?!"

She walked off, footsteps echoing and getting fainter as she left. The voice sounded awfully familiar, and I tried to think whose it was.

After walking around for a couple more minutes, the doors opened and in came Sehun, who flipped the switch on. He saw me and his eyes widened.

"You were in here the whole time?!" I groaned and scurried to him quickly, ready to leave the cafeteria. "I thought you'd find me quicker. It's the freaking cafeteria."

"Well I'm sorry. I was out burning calories looking for Baekhyun, who was hiding in the dug out!" I laughed, recalling that Baekhyun was always the best at hide and seek. He usually went out there and hid at the farthest corners of the school.

When we walked out, we found the rest of the group sitting together on the floor, spinning a bottle.

"Oh gosh, kill me now." Sehun muttered, slowing his pace as we approached them. He hated playing Spin the Bottle, because almost every time, he ends up kissing Baekhyun.

Daon turned our way and waved, calling us over. I yanked Sehun's hand and we sat down, joining the circle. Song Bin grabbed the water bottle and spun it, where it stopped facing Baekhyun. His face turned red as he made eye contact with her. Chanyeol glared at the two of them,

"Oo-kay~ we're done with the game." He snatched the bottle from the floor and threw it at the trash can. He missed, earning a laugh from Sehun and a facepalm from me. Song Bin giggled and picked it up, shooting it and making it in. We all cheered for her and Chanyeol smiled and pinched her cheeks.

"Wow, my girlfriend is so talented!"
"Yes she is," Sehun said, putting an arm around me. "Daon and I need to go do more sports." We laughed as Daon started yelling at him and telling him how he's the only one who needs to start moving.

The fun died when someone touched my shoulder and I turned to see Suho. "Ah, hi." I got up and brushed the dirt off my bottom. I said goodbye to them and looked at Baekhyun, who was staring at the ground and throwing a rock. I wish I could've had time right now to talk to him, but Suho was already pulling me away.

As we walked, I watched Suho's serious face. It reminded me of Kyungsoo's, and I laughed slightly.
"What?" He looked at me weirdly.
"Nothing." We went into the car and walked into the car, where he played some kpop.

I smiled as he began singing to 'When I Grow Up' by Seventeen, it fit his voice well.
"Yah, Suho. Have I turned you into a Carat? You've seemed to master all the lyrics now." He scoffed and mumbled a 'no' before continuing to sing. I poked his face jokingly, "You do!! You like them don't you? Yay!!" I did fist pumps in the air as he started scolding me to calm down. I kept laughing at his facial expression as he denied what I was saying.

Soon enough, we reached the house and Suho stopped the car. I got out and looked back, seeing him start the car. "You aren't coming inside?" I asked, pouting slightly.
"Ani, I need to help Kai with his TV. We don't know what's happening to it." I nodded before waving goodbye as he drove off.

Once the car was small in the distance, I went inside the house. It seemed quiet, and I checked the time, wondering if Kyungsoo was home. I looked around and saw a sticky note on the wall from the girls.

It said:
Annyeong unni! We're gonna be at school for an orientation. We might come late, so I asked Kyungsoo to order some Chinese food. Have a good day!
                  -Hyerin and Sunmi

I smiled and nodded, remembering them mentioning an event happening at their school.

Turning away, I walked to the master's room. I stopped right in front of the door frame and saw Kyungsoo wearing headphones. He was deep in thought with his eyes furrowed, and he was constantly clicking the mouse and humming. I slowly crept up behind him and saw what he was doing.

He was writing a song.

a/n: hey guys! Sry I havent updated in a while, I have been pretty busy. I'm going to try and update tomorrow to make up for the past days...anyways how was the chapter? Kyungsoo was writing a song?!? Anyways, you'll find out soon:) thx for reading!