Chapter 38: Why

a/n: This is so random, but where are you all from? Author-nim wants some new chingus LOLOL( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
But srsly, im curious to know who is reading this story...any pinoys? AHHH NASAAN KAYO?!
~~~~~

Syori's POV
"Are you going with him?" Kyungsoo mumbled as we stepped out of the car. I nodded, even though I actually wasn't sure myself. "Of course I'm going."

He gave no response and walked into our room, leaving me to stare at his back. I sighed,we were once again in this position, arguing and fighting over useless things.

I invited Sehun and Baekhyun over and we watched kdramas until the two of them got tired. It was me who had so much energy.

"You're thinking too much." Baekhyun muttered as he got up from the couch. I bit my lip, "But I just don't know why he hates Jisoo! Is it because he's an idol?"

"I guess," Sehun said, "Maybe he's jealous."
"Why is he jealous of an idol? He'd be hella immature." Said the other boy, and we all laughed. "Okay, just give me time to think."

"Think more? We were here for five hours to watch Let's Fight Ghosts and all you did was fucking think!" I smacked his head and shooed them out of the house, realizing it was almost midnight.

As I closed the door, my phone began to vibrate. I ran over towards it and picked up the phone immediately.

"Yeoboseyo?"
"Annyeonghaseyo," said a young, feminine voice. "Is this Syori Kim?"
"Ne..." I said, "And who are you?"
"I am Yuri, the neighbor of Mrs. Do. I believe she is Kyungsoo-ah's halmeoni. She said to call you for an emergency, can you come over?"

I stared at the clock. "It's practically midnight, I don't-"
I heard muffled coughing, and Halmeoni's hoarse voice, "Syori-ah, please come." My eyes widened as I grabbed my bag, telling them I'll be over soon. What happened to her?!

----
"Halmeoni?" I rushed over to see her lying down on the bed. There was a girl next to her who I believe was Yuri. "Thank you for coming. She just kept telling me to call you and I know it's such a bother but-"
"It's fine, Yuri. Why don't you get some rest?" The girl nodded before leaving the room, closing the door.

"Halmeoni, what's wrong?" I stared at her in worry as she began wheezing. I let her sit up and she drank water, calming herself.

"Syori, I think I'm dying."
"What?"
"I'm dying," She said, touching her heart. "My body's giving up on me." Halmeoni let out a laugh before touching my shoulder, "I'll let Kyungsoo find out another day. You and his parents are the only ones who know, and please let it stay that way."

Fear began to creep into me. "Please, halmeoni. Don't joke about this. If you're actually dying, he needs to know, you need to get treated-"
She smiled sadly and shook her head, "I'm tired already. Let it go."

I watched her in disbelief as she began to cough again. "Anyways, I called you because I want you to do a job for me. Kyungsoo can't stand alone without me, it's impossible for me to slip out of his mind. I want you to take care of him, please. Remind him you love him everyday. Make him laugh, tell him he's short. Tease him all you want, I want you to be the best wife out there. Arachi?"

She laughed slightly before patting my head. "I'll see you again soon, Syori."

I left quickly after that, shaking off the thoughts of her dying. I didn't want her gone, she was someone I adored so much. Like Kyungsoo. The tears didn't come out of my eyes, however. It was just the pain in my heart that wouldn't stop hurting. I decided to go and clear my thoughts, away from Kyungsoo for now.

----

"Okay, so why are you here again?" Jongin asked, putting on his shirt as I entered his apartment. "The house is too far to walk there. Plus Baekhyun and the other boys are sleeping."

"Why'd you leave the house anyways?" Suho asked.
"Because...I went to Halmeoni."
"Halmeoni?" They said in unison, giving me a stare. I nodded and threw myself onto the couch, fatigue finally taking over my body.

"I'm gonna go find you some clothes. If you'll sleep here, I doubt staying in jeans will be comfortable." Suho muttered, walking off towards Kai's room. That left me and him alone.

It was silent, and I knew why. The last time me and Jongin were alone is when he confessed he liked me.

"Hey, about what I said last time about..."
"It's fine." I cut him off, "You're an amazing person, and I care about you so much, it's just that I'm married to Kyungsoo. Even if I wanted to, I can't change that."

He nodded, "We can still be best friends right?"
"Of course, Kai!" He flashed an eye smile and leaned in for a hug when Suho barged into the living room, throwing a pile of clothes at me.

"What the fuck are you two doing?"
"A hug, duh. Do you wanna join us?" Jongin said, wriggling his eyebrows. The older rolled his eyes and sat down beside us, taking my phone from my hand.

"What the-" Suho saw my wallpaper, "Jisoo?"
I stared at them, "You two know him?!"

Jongin nodded, "Of course we do! Didn't Kyung..." I shook my head and he sighed. "We were best friends before. But when Kyung and Jisoo got recommended to do auditions, Jisoo got the spot. Kyungsoo didn't even want to do it for fame. Just for his Halmeoni."

My mind went blank as I remembered all those times I mentioned Joshua. "That's why."

"That's why what?"
"I was going to go with Joshua to a party." The two boys exchanged glances. "I don't think you should do that." Suho mumbled, and I nodded.

If only I knew about it.

a/n: LOL ITS GETTING DRAMATIC AND DEPRESSING LIKE DAFUQ AUTHORNIM WAHT U DOING.
I have a bit of free time sooooo ill try my hardest to update all these books. Please comment, share and vote! Thanks love yall<3333333