Chapter 43: Shock

Syori's POV
"I want to take you somewhere."

I looked at him suspiciously, "This is not like you, did you get possessed again?"
Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, "When was I ever possessed?! I've always been a nice child."
"That was a funny joke, babe."
"Yah!"

He parked the car and told me to get out, which I obeyed quickly. Once I stepped out, he put his hands over my eyes.
"What the hell, Kyungsoo! I can't see."
"That's the point, aegi. Just trust me." I felt him push my butt slightly with his knee as we began to walk forward. I put my hand on top of his to make sure he wouldn't let go of me.

After walking in what seemed like circles, he let go. "Open your eyes." [a/n EAT JIN AND OPEN YOUR RICEU]

I was facing the Han River. "Wow," was the only word that escaped my lips as I looked out in awe. It was gorgeous.
"Do you like it?"
"Of course I do, Kyung! It's so beautiful."
"Just like you." Kyungsoo said, putting an arm around my shoulder. I laughed at his cheesiness, "So what are we doing here?"

"We're going to have dinner." And with that, he took my hand and led me to a small restaurant. We both sat at a quiet corner, enjoying each other's company. Kyungsoo was smiling more than usual today, leaving me really curious.

"What'd you do?" I said, and he looked up at me weirdly. "Mwo?"
"Are you just doing this so I'll forgive you for whatever weird shit you probably did?"
Kyungsoo laughed, "What?! Of course not, I just want to hang out with my wife."

I blushed at the word. Even though we were officially an item, I couldn't get used to the fact that he referred to me as his 'wife.' He pinched my cheek, "You're blushing."

"Because you're just too cute."
"Thanks, aegi." We laughed before he extended his hand out to me. "Do you want to go outside?" I nodded, and we walked outside after paying for the food.

He held my hand and swung it around happily as he talked, "I feel guilty, because when we first met, I did nothing but torture you with hate."

I let out a giggle, "Torture is a very strong word, Soo. We just didn't know each other very well at the time."

"But still, I could've been nice to you."
"Well, you are now and that's what matters." He hummed in agreement before sitting down at a nearby bench. We both sat down and he put his arm around me.

"Kyungsoo."
"Yes, aegi?"
"Why are we here?" I asked again. Kyungsoo looked down at me with a grin on his face, "You always ask me too many questions. We're here because I want to spend time with you, and I have a job to do here."

My brows raised, "Job?"
He nodded, and took my hand in his. Kyungsoo looked at me in the eye, his look full with affection and love.

"I love you so much, you know that right?" I nodded, a little worried about what he was going to say.

"Well..." he heaved a deep breath before smiling at me again. "I wanted to-"

His phone began to vibrate, and I handed him it from my purse. "Just tell me after." I mouthed as he saw the caller ID was Halmeoni. Kyungsoo nodded before answering the phone.

----
Weeks Later

Tears didn't stop falling down his face. I patted his back, "Kyungsoo, please don't cry. She's...okay."

We were at the funeral, and they were about to bury Halmeoni's body. It turned out her lungs and body finally gave up on her. Everyone was there, including the Seventeen boys and my family. Kyungsoo's parents were there as well, trying their best to comfort their son.

"She's not okay, she's dead." He muttered, looking away from me. Jisoo stood behind me patting my back to keep me sane.

Kyungsoo let out a sigh before nodding, getting up and taking the keys from my hands. "Yah, hyung where are you going?!"

"Home."
"But you kinda left Syori noona here." He ignored and walked out of the big doors, letting it slam shut on its own. I sighed as Kai and Suho paced back and forth.

"Don't worry, noona. Joonmyun hyung can take you back to your place." Joshua said, trying to lighten up the mood with an optimistic tone. I nodded, "Thanks you guys."

"I know it's scary seeing him be this. He was really close to her." Kai said, as I nodded. "He hasn't been eating, or being himself."

"I know, but don't give up Syori. He'll get over it, if you help him." I stayed silent, remembering all the times when he pushed me away and didn't love me. It might be that way again.

"I'll try."

----

"Kyung, please open the door. You need to eat." There was no response, and I sighed in defeat. I put down the tray of food in front of the door, hoping he'd at least eat.

As I walked away, I heard the door open. I peeked and saw him take the food inside. I smiled, knowing progress was happening.

I sat down in front of the door, waiting for him to open it and put down the empty plates. It took a long time, and I felt myself getting tired. Before my eyes could shut, I saw his figure step out the doorway.

"Syori?"
I shot up and hugged him before he could disappear from my view again. His arms wrapped around me tightly as he buried his face into my neck. "I'm..."

"It's okay, I know it hurts. But everything will be ok, I promise." He nodded before smashing his lips onto mine. I haven't tasted his lips in so long, I missed them. Once he let go of the kiss, he hugged me once again. "I love you aegi."

"I love you too, Kyungsoo."

a/n: DAMN IT WHEN EVERYTHING WAS GOING WELL SHIT HAD TO HAPPEN AGAIN😂😂😑 yall omg im sad this book is ending in 2 chapters....i hope you all loved the book as much as i did:))) im currently in LA for my fall break and AND EXOLS EVERYWHERE OML anyways thx for reading:)))