Saying Our Goodbyes

"Hey, Cam, I'm going to bring Jack to the airport so he doesn't have to worry about his car!" I shouted through the house. Cameron was probably still sleeping, even though it was already 11 am. But now I could at least say I told him that I would be gone, so technically he could get mad at me for 'disappearing'.

I took the car keys from drawer Cam always kept them in. This was again a thing he technically couldn't get mad at me for. I just asked him before he fell asleep, so he basically didn't know what he said yes to, but I made sure to record it so he couldn't deny it. It was a trick I had learned over the year of living with him; ask things when he's sleepy and record it so you have proof later on.

I checked myself in the mirror. Today was special and I had to look presentable, but also like myself. So I just put on a striped sweater, black skinny jeans, red shoes, and a leather jacket. It was still winter and cold outside, but I was going to be inside most of the time. I had all the stuff I needed in a army green bag. It was going to be fine, hopefully wouldn't make a difference.

I got into the car that was parked on the road in front of the building and made my way to Jack's house. When I got there I saw he was putting all of his suitcases outside, so I rolled down my window instead of getting out of my car.

"Yo, asshole!" I shouted.

Jack looked up at me and smiled, "Hey, bitch!"

"Cocksucker!"

"Ass-kisser!"

"Bugger!"

"Going all English on me, are you clitface?" He opened the door to my car so I could get out.

I laughed and decided to help him put all the suitcases in my- in Cam's car. Jack and I had started this thing where we would just call each other insulting names, some better than others. Over time we started to get more creative, but those names only came out when all the common ones were used. Weird thing was that Jack never called me a slut or a whore, but I would call him those non stop. But to be honest, he did sleep with a lot of girls. I was just glad to not be one of them.

The suitcases barely fit in, but we managed to do it by putting some bags on the backseat. Jack got in the passenger seat and I looked at him with the most serious face I could make. I looked back forwards and started the car without saying a word. Jack looked so confused as I rolled down the window. I was never serious so I would have been confused as well.

"Umm... Isle, did I do something wr-" Jack started, but I interrupted him.

"Making my way downtown, walking fast, faces pass, and I'm homebound!" I screamed out of the window. Some passersby look at me weirdly, but I didn't give a fuck. It was fun to confuse Jack like this. We got to a busier part on the road, and I continued, "Staring blankly ahead, just making a way, through the crowd." Jack joined me for the chorus while we were standing at a stoplight. Saying people gave us strange looks would be an understatement. When we finished the song we burst out in giggles.