Naja!

a few days ago we got a new addition to the family. her name is Naja and she is a pit bull dog weighing 50 pounds, black fur and a white chest with brown eyes. and this I how we got her:

cole and I were doing community service at a shelter a few towns over an animal shelter for abused animals and dogs that have been through dog fighting.

there were good dogs, not so good dogs, an then there was Naja.

Naja was used as a bait dog. a bait dog is a dog used to train fight dogs. I was with Naja.the scared pitbull that thought everyone was as cruel as the people she was with before.

It was out first day with the group and we were looking at the dogs.

"aw this ones cute!" I said a I barked really deep and I jumped.

"never mind!" I said clinging to coles neck

"scared?" he asked and I smiled

"no..."

"this is Naja.. shes was a bait dog before we got her. Alaska you can work with her." the lady said and I smiled.

"hi Naja!" I said as they opened the cage and I walked in.

I let her smell my hand and pet her head she got closer and licked my hand.

"aw she likes me!" I said and she wagged her tail.

"she does." cole said and I smiled

~

"Richie! can I have a pit bull!!" I asked later that night

"why did you just ask that?" he said folding clothes

"because you will say yes because you love me. her name is Naja and she was a bait dog for dog fighting an I want to give her a new home I want to give her our home." I said "come on Richie! in a way she is just like me. she was neglected her entire life. her old home didn't want her anymore, she was abused by people she didn't even know. yet she is still the sweetest thing on the world. Richie this dog is exactly like me and I need her. to prove to her that and show her humans aren't all like the ones she had." I said and I could see richies eyes get a little misty.

"Alaska, I get what you're saying. bring the dog here and make sure everyone likes her and she likes us and we can keep her." he said and I gave him a hug

"thank you." I said

the next day we got naja and took her home with us. turns out she belonged in our home.

I understand pit bulls have a bad record. but they weren't born to be bad. none of them really are bad. just misunderstood. like me. if pit bulls are so bad then its the owners that make them that way. because everyday now when I come home from school Naja gives me a hug. an actual hug! she stands on her back legs puts her paws around my waist and buries her head into my chest and I hug her back.

don't judge the 'bad breed.' judge the people that made them that way