4th of july gig: Song #1 pt2

It was dark, probably around 9:45pm, when we took the stage in front of a bunch of people. Cole made the mistake of telling me how many people were actually out there. 

"This is our biggest gig yet. we have twenty thousand people watching us." I stopped and stood in fear. 

"Do we have to do this? i mean, its one gig." Cole put an arm around me. 

"We cant stop now, we practiced and practiced for this moment. it wont be that bad." I nodded and tied my converse up and put my hair up into a really high pony tail. a few days before the gig i had my hair dip dyed, it was brown and four inches from the bottom was bright orange. 

we took our places on stage, we were starting with rock and going from there. Cole was on the Drums, i had lead guitar, violet was on the keyboard, and brad was bass. 

"How's everyone doing tonight?" Rob asked the crowd, whose response was to scream as loud as possible. 

"Alright, we got some songs for you guys tonight, all from different genres. But before we get started let me introduce you guys to my friends here. On the Keyboard we got Violet." Violet waved as the crowd cheered loud. 

"Then Brad on Bass." Brad held up his hands, making the rock and roll symbol.  Again, the crowd cheered. 

"We have my good friend Cole on the Drums tonight." Cole twirled the drumsticks in his hand and waved. 

"And Last but not least, Alaska on the Lead Guitar!" The crowd roared, i waved with both my hands and smiled. 

"My name is Rob, I'm the singer, and this is our first song."  the music started and everyone started dancing. Rob took the mic off the stand and started singing. 

"I love my boots broke in, I love my Camo hat

Don't mind a little paint on my jeans, yeah I roll like that

I love driving my truck across the railroad tracks

if you hit it too quick, it'll hit ya right back.

I love a fresh cut field with a first frost on

How it shines like gold when the sun turned on

I love the sound of them wheels with my baby singing along

When "The Boys Of Summer" comes on" the music stopped for a split second while Cole tapped the drums, then we started again. 

"I love my small town world,

I love a country girl

I love a Friday night

Man I love this life

The sound of an ol' dirt road road

rolling through mind

Man I love, man I love,

I Love This Life

I Love that county line bar where they all know my drink

The way she throws her hands up when that cover band plays

I love that taste of her lips when she's been sipping that wine

I still get drunk on her every time" We sang the Chorus and i started the back up vocals for the next verse.

"Oh-o-o-o-oh

Man I love this life

Oh-o-o-o-oh

Man, I love this life

(I love this life, I love this life, I love this life)

I love that ragged old barn that my grandpa made

It was my whole world back in my innocent days

I love that little white church, out on 109

It's where I hit my knees and thank the lord for this life of mine

I love my small town world,

I love a country girl

I love a Friday night

Man I love this life

The sound of an ol' dirt road road

Rolling through mine

Man I love, man I love,

Man, I Love This Life

Oh-o-o-o-oh

Man I love this life

Oh-o-o-o-oh

Man, I love this life

Oh-o-o-o-oh

Man I love this life

Oh-o-o-o-oh

Man, I love this life" The crowd cheered loud as the song ended. 

I could tell after the first song, this was gonna be a good night.