Perfect Planet

It looked like a perfect planet, uninhabited except for the perfect pastel flowers, soft green trees rolling hills and heavily forested areas, with a soft moss carpet. If you had learned one thing during your time serving aboard a starship, was that not only did looks almost always deceived, sometimes they killed. 

That's why you felt tense as you looked around, just daring the ground to explore, trees to light on fire, and a rabid animal to charge out and maul someone. Well, nothing happened, for now. 

You really hadn't had to come, but Bones had asked you to watch Jim, "So he doesn't fall in a pit or have an allergic reaction to the grass." (McCoy still didn't trust him after he ate that fruit thing at the last planet and practically went into a coma.) 

Speaking of which Kirk had presumably run off to look around. The young Ensign that had been assigned to come looked very excited as he began to cautiously walk forward. Sulu was already looking at one of the trees scanning it and looking around it.

You wandered off towards the general direction of the wooded area. The smell in the air was sweet and sickly, you looked at the moss, leaning down and picking at it suspiciously. You relaxed a little, maybe this was just what it seemed, not a killer in disguise. 

You heard Jim yell and jumped, "Y/N! Look at this!"

You stood up and rushed over to find Jim staring at a plant, the tiny delicate blue and purple petals, a graceful stem leading down into the ground.

"Yes, what is it?" you say a little out of breath since you had been expecting a medical emergency. 

You tug at the hem of the blue medical shirt, he looks up, "Oh, just thought it was pretty."

You try not to groan out loud, but then you heard Hikaru yell and you ran toward the sound gripping the med kit Jim trailing a few feet beside you. Finding him on the ground you bend down, quickly scanning him.

"Fell down the hill, my ankle." He squeezed his hand into a fist.

"You managed to break it," you mutter.

Turning to Jim, "We need to beam back, it'll be easier to treat on the ship."

"Sure, this planet isn't that interesting anyway." he opens his communicator, "Four to beam up."

Then he turned to were the Ensign was standing at the top of the hill, "We're beaming back up, stay there."

He nods, and you look at Jim, "Did you say this was planet was boring?"

He shrugs, "Needs some action."

You sigh, "Sometimes no action is kind nice."

The beam cuts off whatever Kirk was going to say.