Maybe Someday

"LILLY!" you yell across the park, "LILLY!" the young dalmatian, who seemed to be a hopeless case.

You sigh and turn around to see Pavel who was sitting on a bench trying to read a book, "She vas your idea." he shrugged.

"Mmm hmm, thought you would be helping me." you grumble.

"Fine Y/N, but it was not my idea to watch a puppy for the week!" he huffs.

"It was so your idea too!" You laugh.

He gets up and slips an arm around your waist, "Alright maybe, let's go find her."

Walking toward the general direction of where the puppy in question had run off to, in the fenced in the green park outside of the university. 

"Lilly!" Pavel calls.

A little white blur streaks out of the tree line and runs over to where you had walked to, before tripping, but keeping her tail wagging so hard it was adorable, hard to stay mad at that face for long.

"There you are!" you scoop up the puppy who promptly licks your face, you giggle.

It was nice to be off the ship for awhile. 

Chekov comes scratches the little dogs head, "How did you talk me into zis?"

"Pavel, its only for three days, until my sister gets back she didn't want to leave Lilly alone."

"Still," he mutters.

An hour later you smuggle the puppy back to your room on campus without being noticed. Well except for Nyota who was quite excited and spent a moment cooing over the puppy. You set Lilly down in the makeshift pen you had thrown together and Pavel replicated some dog food for her.

"Alright," Pavel sighed, "Maybe ve could get a dog when ve done with off world missions."

"Like that'll ever happen!" You laughed.

"Maybe so, but I've got you." he smiled kissing your cheek.