Chapter 1

Prologue

I ran up through the forest and back to my parents house, that stood against the forest, a laugh rippling through me. I was proud of what I had just done. They would be shocked but proud too, I could already picture their gleeful faces in my head.

As I came up to the small rotten fence at the end of the garden, I leapt carefully over it, landing in a muddy heap on the sodden, muddy grass. I picked myself up, not caring about my dirtied clothes as I parted the rusty swings and heading through the sliding doors and into the clean, white kitchen that made up the back of my house. I looked over to the tidy counter where my parents sat, looking intently at something on the computer.

They weren't actually my parents, they had adopted me when I was a baby, but they had told me I wasn't their child by birth when I was old enough to speak, and as I was ten now, I had known for a while. It never bothered me, they were best parents I could have ever asked for, I was lucky enough to have them, it didn't matter if we shared blood or not.

"Mum! Dad! Guess what!?" I gushed excitedly, watching my dad wince at the loudness of my voice, as I leant against the counter where they remained seated. My breathing was coming out in hard pants, burning my throat after my run through the thick forest surrounding our backyard.

"Quiet now, sweetie, we're looking at something very important." My dad said softly, but in his parental tone. His eyes briefly darting towards me before turning back to the flashing computer screen. Disappointment dimmened the adrenaline in my heart, but then my mother turned to me kindly, gently speaking her soothing words as she looked into my eyes.

"What is it, honey?" Her friendly smile showing she wasn't annoyed, but my father just huffed behind her, a scowl spreading on his face as he continued to look at the screen darkly. I smiled brightly at her, leaning into her soft palm as she wiped some of the muck from my small face, flicking my nose affectionately.

She laughed as I scowled at my mumbling father, before she ran a hand through a piece of my golden hair. "Why are you so grubby, darling? It looks like you've been washing in dirt!"

I giggled at her puzzled expression as I walked her confidently into the garden, taking her hand roughly and leading her towards the open doors and into the chilly air. "I'll tell you, only if you watch this." I bargained cheekily, kissing her cheek tenderly, before running off of the wooden veranda and into the centre of the yellowing grass, covered orange and brown speckled leaves from the multing trees.

"Just stay there." I instructed, pointing to the position she was stood in, the look of puzzlement still etched on her beautiful face. She was going to be so impressed.

As I prepared my body for the magical wonders I could do, my father walked through into the garden, hiding his obvious despair with a decieving smile, that had my mother fooled, but even me, a child, could see the worry there. But it didn't matter, my gift would make him forget all his troubles.

I squeezed my eyes tightly shut, clenching my tiny hands together by my side as I focused on the rhytm of my breathing, the air going in and out of my lungs as I felt my body mishape itself, and turn into its true form. I could feel the tightening and the pain, but then with one last tiny snap, it was over, and my body filled with satusfaction.

Until I heard a scream.

My eyes snapped open to their more enhanced senses, and I watched as my mother gasped, her face filled with awful horror, contorting into ugly features. My father was yelling, his mouth flapping freely as he pushed my mother forcefully behind him. It was as if they were scared. Of me.

My father's face had turned red, and my mother was crying, tears streaming down her face as she ran inside the safety of our home, but I knew I was no longer welcome.

My chest throbbed with the rejection of my family, until I heard my father's yells hit my fury ears and translate into human words.

"Where's my gun? I need to shoot the damn thing!" His viscious voice rang through my head, as the door of the house slammed shut with a loud smash, and then I just stood for a second, my head cocked in confusion.

My family didn't want me.

Then I saw the gun in my father's white, tightened hands, and I was off, running into the shelter of the thick forest before my own father commited cold blooded murder, my murder.

A single tear slipped out of my eye as my wolf ran as fast as she could go, tumbling through the thick undergrowth as I thought of what this meant.

It meant that my family didn't love me anymore. They didn't want me.

-Chapter 1-

7 years later.

I smiled, stepping out of the black Mercedes and on to the hot sidewalk and into the warm California sunshine that gleamed in breezy rays down on me. I turned around quickly to lean back in the dark, fancy car and pull my small rough rucksack out, tucking a strand of my long golden hair behind me ear to keep it out my sky coloured eyes.

I stepped back away from the small large vehicle and on to the small expanse of concrete in front of me, using my hand to shield the blinding sun from my eyes as I drunk in the beautiful scenery around me.

There was a forest, green and lush, covering every mountain peak in view with it's magical green colours. It was secluded place space, the driver had pulled off a main highway on the outskirts of California and onto a smaller dirt track, which lead to this enchanting place that otherwise, would probably never be found.

The only building in the area was the huge, probably over five story building in front of me. It was crafted of entirely wood, the light, unpolished kind that had that dirty, rustuque look. It shined in the sweltering heat, and it's large structure stood like a magnificent castle overlooking the scenic views.

There were gleaming windows evenly placed over the face of the grand building, with a small porch shielding over the grand mahogany double doors, and it fit to look fancy and comfortable at the same time. It was a handsome structure, matching into the area around it.

I could hear laughter and voices from inside with my good hearing, and through looking in the windows, I could tell the interior was just as grand as the exterior. It made me happy thinking of what my life will be like now, no more running or staying in small, dirty rental apartments or motel rooms. It even smelt clean and homely, like warm wood and oranges that were freshly squeezed. A real home.

The car behind me purred into life, and I glance over my shoulder, watching it disappear into the summers day and back to the main road, leaving me alone in this magical, but unfamiliar place. I didn't know where I was, and that scared me even more. It didn't feel like a trap, and if it was, it must have been an incredibly intelligent one, but then again, I didn't think those guys could pull this off. It was too impressive.

With just me and my run down, thrift shop backpack, I made my way up the wooden planked steps and to the front door, sweat beading my forehead and sticking my thick mane of blond hair to the back of my neck.

I raised a shaking hand to the wooden surface of the intricate door, hoping that I hadn't walked into the middle of them, this couldn't be a trap. It just couldn't be. I finally swallowed the scared lump in my suddenly very dry throat, before gaining the courage to actually knock on the door.

I held my breath as the sound of footsteps, a very high, sharp sound, approached the inside of the door, before it quietly slipped open, revealing the inside.

"Hello there." A female voice spoke kindly, "You must be Willa Ivasko. Please do come in."

______________________________________________________________________________

Ooh, first chapter of my first story!!! :) Should be all good, did check it through so yeah! What do you think??? Not too much of a cliff hanger, lots to come of the story, hopefully I will upload every week or so but I have lots going on at the moment so not really sure, let me know what you want Willa to be like!!?? :) Very happy with this but if you think I need to add something, let me know, i don't mind correcting and criticising. Thanks, enjoy!!!