Chapter36: Our Different Prom

Sam's P.OV.

(2 months after accident)

Still after 8 weeks, Kevin hasn't woken up. Besides that, everything has been pretty good. Katie is hanging with this guy named Hunter Mayes. Yet again, he's a bad boy.

Hunter has greenish eyes with lightish dirty blonde hair. He is absolutely perfect for her.

Right now I'm at the lunch table just watching everyone talk. Katie and Hunter are just talking without me. No offense to them, but I don't like all that goo-goo-gaga stuff. In other words, they are still in their honeymoon phase.

"Bae, can you get me a napkin?" Katie asked with her quivering lip and glassy eyes. Hunter didn't seem too convinced.

Hunter put his hand on Katie's cheek and gave her a serious stare when he said, "Nope" popping the 'p'. He smirked and looked back down at his pizza as he chomped on it.

This was the traditional stuff that happened at lunch lately.

"Guys, guys. Hey, hello?" I said trying to interrupt them from whatever argument was about to happen. Both of them turned their heads in sync to stare at me attentively. Katie balanced her chin over her two fists, while Hunter had a crazed annoyed face.

"I need to have a talk with you guys about something a little bit uncomfortable," I said a bit too uncertainly. I tried to mumble the words but they still came out wrong.

"I'm waiting until after college to do that type of play with my boyfriend,"Katie said half-heartedly, closing her eyes and muzzling them with her hands. Hunter wrapped his arm around her, silenting chuckling to himself and at me.

"Okay ewww and no. Not even close to what I was going to say, but glad to know I won't be seeing little Mayes running around the halls," Hunter kissed the side of Katie's head as she rested it on his shoulder.

"Spit it out, or are you gonna make me throw up my lunch too?" Hunter said curtly, frowning his lips and stiffening his eyebrows. Real tough Hunter, real tough.

"What's going to happen at prom?" I asked quietly, clasping my hands together under my chin.

"What do you mean? We're going to have a good time dancing and such," Katie replied nonchalantly, totally missing my point.

"I know what we are doing at prom, just what am I doing at prom?" I rephrased, sighing deeply and watching the even more confused looks on my friend's face. She leaned in closer and bent her eyebrows, seeming concerned.

"Well I know that I'm going with Hunter and Jacob with that girl, and you're going with....." Katie faded as she soon realized what I was trying to tacitly imply.

"What if he doesn't wake up? I'm just stuck here on the edge of my frigin' seat waiting for him to come back. Prom's in 2 days and we all know that he isn't going to magically wake up. Even if he does he isn't going to come," I said doubtfully, emphasizing every phrase to make sure everything was clear. My voice started cracking up, which I held back from crying.

"We could always go as a group, you know? I'm sure Jacob wouldn't mind, and I don't!" Katie exclaimed. Hunter glared at her and she just elbowed him in the rib to make him smile.

"That's lame. I gotta go home, my stomach is being kind of screwy right now, bye," I boomed, waving my hands off and throwing away my trash.

I exited the cafe and was nearly already halfway down the hall when strong arms dragged me to the janitor closet. My body trembled when I saw...Chris.