Chapter7: Mystery Man

Jacob's P.O.V. 

____________________________

I stood there and waited for Kevin to stop cursing, so I could ask him why. His vocabulary was vivid,clear, and immense. When he stopped I asked him.

"Dude, what's up? You've been swearing for 2 minutes."

Kevin pointed out into the distance. I squinted and turned my head.

"What are you pointing to?"

Kevin swiped his face and mumbled, "Down there."

I relooked down the sidewalk and I saw Sam. Now I knew why Kevin was mad a little.

A guy with black hair who looked like he was 6 feet tall, had his arm around her. It was kinda funny actually, since Sam is only 5 feet so she only was up to his shoulder. The guy had to bend a little to reach her shoulder. I'm not particularly mad at Sam. I just want to know who the guy is.

"Earth to Jacob, do you read me? Hello? Kevin has been waiting for 2 minutes!" I snapped out of it thinking I probably blanked out.

"Sorry dude. Anyways, are you mad at the guy or Sam?"

"Who do you think? Why does he have his arm around her? That-"

"Watch what you say dude. He might be alright. Lets look at her Facebook."

Kevin flashed his phone out and went on Facebook. It was connecting.

"Her status isn't there. You think she is.....hiding something?"

"I don't know man. She's kinda quiet about dating. Maybe she'll say something tomorrow ."

"Hope so. I'm gonna text her anyways."

"Be careful. Don't make her uncomfortable or she'll flip out."

"Don't worry. She won't." Then Kevin ran off.

I'm not to worried about Sam having a boyfriend. It could be a good thing for her because she hasn't had one yet. Same with me, I've flirted with a lot of girls but never dated any. Kevin half-dated a girl but it didn't go to far because she was a bully type.

For me, I like a good blonde chick, who's smart and like me. A funny girl, or one with a sense of humor. Kevin goes for calm girls since he has a temper, that are Italian or Brazilian. Samantha goes for really anyone that is sweet and smart. It's too bad that none of us are really sweet because as all we are men. We enjoy video games, and prancing around assembling pranks.

As friends, Kevin Sam and I all have roles. Kevin and I are Sam's big brothers, and Sam is the glue that keeps us together. Kevin is the oldest of us by 6 days, then Sam is the middle, and I'm the youngest by nearly 2 months after Sam. Sam acts the youngest since she is after all, a girl. Besides that we act just as we are. If we had to pick a period to stay in forever we'd probably pick fourth grade, the year we met each other. In other words, the year I met Sam and Kevin since they were already friends. Believe it or not, Sam was fiercer back then, then she is now. She's always been insecure though.

You always wonder how love makes its way to your heart. Sadly, I have been struck. It's like the bittersweet type of love. Romeo and Juliet example. This girl is my Juliet. I can't be with her, because of protection issues. If I was with her, I'd be alone. She's alone as is without me.

I turned down to look at my phone to see it was 4:30 at night. So I started my way home still thinking about girls. When I approached my doorstep, I opened the door and skipped my way past my parents and dog. In my room, I jumped onto my waterbed and went through my contacts. Maddie appeared to be on her phone, so I texted her.

'Sup mad-dog'

'Nuthin hbu'

'Just chillin. Wat did u do 2day?'

'Sat in class. Stared '

'Interesting lol anything else?'

'Nape'

'Nape?'

'Nah and nope'

'Not ur specialty. I'm tired '

'Bye'

'Umm k?'

Then she left uncalled for. Totally bored right now. All I could do was do homework and pass out. Better start it before my mom knows I was texting. She's way stricter than my dad. After all, she's a mom. My dad is exactly like me. Except he is still bigger may I say.........

The Next Day 

___________________________

In the morning I woke up abruptly by my mom, so I jumped out of my waterbed and into black basketball shorts and a red Nike shirt. After getting dressed, I took my vitamin pill with some orange juice and I walked to school.

Geez, I was really tired. Every morning I wake up with regret of staying up late yet I do it everyday anyways.

I went back to thinking about Sam and that dude. He had to be someone on the football team or something since he had that stature. So, if I can't figure out who he is now I can know later at football practice. I'll just show up afterwards. Before, Sam would probably crack who the guy was but for now I'll leave her be. Yet again she's a girl. She needs her space and what not.

After still thinking about that guy Kevin slapped my back to scare me. Instead I punched his arm not knowing who he was.

"Wow, can't take a simple attack." Kevin blurted, rubbing his arm.

"Not any surprise ones anyways." I replied chuckling.

Kevin came close to me and whispered, "I know who he is."

Instantly, I knew who Kevin was talking about. Sam's huger buddy.

"Who?"

"Zack."

________________________________________________________________

Hey guys I posted the picture of the mystery man on the side:)