Chapter12: The Talk & Night

5 Days Later....

Instead of Maddie meeting me up for the past other days, she stood me up. This is my final try for her. If she stands me up again, then I'm absolutely done. Madelyn Clarkson has done way to much and impacted my life too much to let herself sneak her way out of this one.

After a long day of school, I managed to preparate my hair in the parking lot for Kevin. Us friends were going to show up at his house later on and give him his gifts. Just as I brushed through my hair for the tenth time, Maddie was walking out of the parking lot.

"Hey! Come here!" I shouted out into the distance. Maddie had that caught face on herself. You could tell she wasn't happy to see me. Nor was I happy to see her at all. I could have been already ready to go to Kevin's house by now, but no I have to be the better person in this.

Madelyn came over and started out saying, "We shouldn't be like this anymore. I can't say I miss you, but I want to have more friends in my life. More than one friend would make me happy."

"Do you really think that I could call you a friend? Think. You've assaulted me with food, trash talked me, and most importantly yeled and downplayed me as a person. I already have low self esteem dude, you didn't have to bring it even lower."

Madelyn sighed. She stayed within her tracks just staring like a stalker. If she was going to waste my time staring at me, then I was going to leave. Putting on my beanie and sweater jacket, she started getting huffy puffy on me. In other words, she started sobbing.

I sighed as well mumbling, "Last chance or you're cut off again."

Awkwardly, she hugged me and ran away. It was one of those quick second frindly hugs that everyone gives. Not that I care, but I think it was too soon for that.

Packing myself up, I hurried my way to my house to rapidly reapply my makeup and charge my phone for a little bit. Knocking on my bathroom door waiting for Kayla to get out, I started getting anxious. I had the worst case of butterflies in my stomach for no apparent reason what-so-ever. Kayla then goofed her way out of the bathroom, so I put on some eyeliner and lipgloss to start. The lipgloss was a pale pink color that shimmered really nice. It looked nice on me with the rest of my outfit. 

Running out of time, I scurried myself out the door of my home down the street and block. With Kevin's gift in my left, I knocked on the door on my right. Kevin made me jump that's how fast he opened the door.

"Happy Birthday dude!" I screeched at him.

"Thanks bud!" Kevin replied with a bear hug. "Come on in."

Believe it or not, I have never really been inside Kevin's house. Give or take what you think. Katie and Jacob were already there making me probably late. Dabbing my face sweat off from running, I went onto Kevin's couch next to Katie.

"Well, looks like I'm not the last one this time." Jacob insisted at me making me red.

"It takes time to look pretty you know! This might be hard to believe, but I don't wake up like this Mister." I replied back. Everyone else laughed as he just sat there and thought out a plan.

Finally, he came back, "Hard to believe that, considering this is the same girl who can chug a water bottle in 30 seconds, go on 10 throwup rides and stay conscious, and eat ribs like a maniac yes it is hard to believe you can turn out like this."

The room stayed silent because it wasn't funny to anyone but him. We laughed anyways because he laughed at himself. Jacob has a contagious laugh when he wants one.

"Well anyways guys, where ae my presents people? Come on, come on! Bring them in!" Kevin squealed. He seemed excited in the the little boy sense.

We all pulled our presents from our backs, and he took them with ease. First up was Katie's gift to him.

"Now let's see.... it's cologne. Chirp chirp, chirp." Everyone laughed as Katie stood there offended.

"I'm just kidding. Don't worry now kid." Kevin reassured.

"Next is...Jacob's!"

"He got me a pair of Vans. Thanks man."  Kevin punched Jacob's arm.

"No problem. You need them dude. We all know how long your shoes last. These better last at LEAST 2 months. Not 2 weeks." Jacob said. Everyone knew that those shoes probably wouldn't even last a week without getting dirty or destroyed somehow.

"Last one guys. It's a goldy gaudy watch." He smiled and gave me the 'Kidding' look.

"Okay guys, group hug!" One large group hug ended the gifts which started a long lasting Friday night.

____________________________________________________________

Hi guys. Hope you like this. Its a little short, but I didn't have a lot of time or effort:P Pic of Sam on the side>>>