Chapter 5: Confessions

General P.O.V. 

____________________________

Jacob was struck or punched in the nose leaving him with a broken nose; by Kevin. The 2 boys didn't talk to each other for weeks at a time. It wasn't that Kevin didn't apologize, it's just that Jacob didn't accept his apologies. Jacob is really stubborn and selfish over everything. Meanwhile, Sam has no clue of what is happening at all. Basically, the lunch table in generally is silent. If there is any form of talking, it's only to Sam. Lots of tension with all 3 ,but separately they are all fine. With one day to the park, it could change everything. 

____________________________ 

Sam's P.O.V

Walking into the park, I looked around for Jacob. He said he wanted to hang out and talk. Hopefully this won't be anything stressful, but you never know with Jacob. That guy is my other little sister sometimes. Anyways, I sat on the bench, waiting for Jacob to come. As usual, he was as late as ever.

A half an hour later, I saw Jacob strottle in. He didn't look too happy so I knew this wasn't a 'hangout' type of afternoon.

"Hey dude."

"Hey, late party again."

"You know how slow I walk."

"I know, just kidding haha. You wanted to talk right?"

"Yeah. It's the real deal kid."

It's weird when he calls me 'kid' when I'm older than him by a few months. Either way, he sat down and started. Nervously and cautiously, he started.

"Kevin and I aren't talking because he was the one to break my nose. We were arguing over you kinda because of something I wasn't supposed to do. Please don't flip out when I tell you what I have been doing okay?"

I nodded slowly.

"So, I've been speaking with a girl. Someone who we all knew. I can't stop thinking about her and what she has done. Mostly to you. This isn't just hatred. It's sorrow. The girl's name is Madelyn." Jacob said in basically one sentence.

"How could you do this to me?" A tear falling from my face.

"Realize, that she was my only friend for 3 years. Then you and Kevin came in. You can't expect me to let go of someone I knew for 8 years. How would you feel if you lost Kevin?" Jacob said questioning.

"That's a-awful, Ke-evin didn't hurt me tho-ough! He's been loyal Jacob! Keep him o-out of it!" I sobbed.

Suddenly, he hugged me. With no words, he just hugged me. It confused me a little, but it was an excuse to wipe the tears on his sweatshirt. I needed to see if my face was puffy and hivey, since I have an allergic reaction to tears. Jacob wiped my face, and said calmy, "Sorry Sam." Gradually, he let go and I walked home. 

____________________________

In my house, my mom napped on the couch while my sisters just talked. Kayla is my sister who is a year younger than me, who puts socialization before school. Then Gabby was just a fresh, typical youngest child rude attitude (she talks a lot). Finally, my dad was still at his stressful work.

When I went inside, I dashed into my room to change. I changed into some rainbow fuzzy pajama bottoms with a black off-shoulder light sweatshirt. All I did after that was lay on my bed and think about the park. How could Jacob just say sorry like that? Usually he would've yelled and even screamed at me. Even if I was bursting crying he wouldn't be calm at all. Something is up with him and Maddie that I don't know about. I must find out. Laying on my bed, I just texted Kevin back and forth of what happened between me and Jacob. Kevin seemed somewhat concerned but after a while I think he couldn't take it. Reason for my guess: he didn't text me after I said 'he hugged me'.