Chapter10: Past & Plans

Our kiss was slow and steady. It almost felt to good to be true, to think I could feel so comfortable with an enemy of disguise. This was more than just a simple love towards Maddie. It was an Attraction.

_____________________________________________________________________

                                                                        Samantha's P.O.V.

Crying on Kevin's shoulder was like shouting at a teacher. It was absolutely embarrassing. Finally, after several moments I looked at my phone. Jacob texted me:

Im sorry i didnt stop myself from hurting him. now i know how you felt previous to this situation with u know who. text me soon bye

Kevin looked at his as well containing the same message. With my head on his shoulder, he rested his head on mine. It was kinda funny since we both have abnormally big heads. It made me laugh a little bit, reaching myself out of my deep depressing cry.

Thinking of Katie again, I texted her to get me off the Jacob topic. When I texted her, it was like a feeling of home.

Hi girly, what are ya doing?

Im at dance. something wrong?

Its been just a horrible day. jacob punched someone because of me

Woa. besides that how's everyone?

Off, not normal at all.

Hey you should get all of them together at my house. i havent seen all of yall in a while.

I'll try to get them on board

Kayy see ya tomorrow hopefullyy

Bye Katie

"Sam, want to walk home now? It's getting a little late."

Once again, it was good timing because it felt like I had a rock on my head. It was just Kevin's big head making mine numb. My legs had a tingly sensation from sitting on Kevin's lap for so long, and my stomach was a mess. Mostly because I lost all the color in my face by crying so hard. In the next few months I have to toughen up, or I won't survive here. If it wasn't for all the drama in my childhood, none of this crying would be happening at all.

Flashback

Inside this small apartment, there is a family visiting a relative who lives in the apartment.

 Specifically there is an older woman, with her son with his wife and three daughters. The room is full of confusion, sadness, and normality all at the same time. Since all three of the daughters are under or at age 4, they simply are just playing with their grandmother's belongings.

"Michael, I am too old for this honey." The grandmother whispered from her rocking chair.

"Ma, please don't say that you'll get through this okay. Pap is already gone. I need you please. They need you." Michael said choking up. Laura, his wife held his hand understanding what was to come.

As a grandmother, Liliana Marino called for her granddaughters saying, "Come here Samantha, Michaela, and Gabriella."

Samantha and Kayla wobbled in and Gabby crawled to Liliana's feet. Suspiciously, Liliana pulled Gabby onto her lap, along with three small boxes.

"Girls, I have some gifts for you. Promise me you'll keep them forever okay? Each one will be a piece of me with you for the rest of your life. They are very, very important." Liliana said.

Each girl nodded as they received their box. Inside were necklaces in the shape of a horse and a circle around them. They were gold and shiny, and meant for small necks.

"Promise me you'll be strong ladies okay? I know this is a lot but I know you guys will love me forever right?" Liliana said and smiled tearfully. "Give me hugs and kisses my beautiful girls. I love all of you guys, remember that angels. Remember that."

All three of the girls paid their affection to their grandma and said goodbye.

 Michael puffed out "I love you Ma. I love you a lot. Please don't give up I can't afford to loose another pare-"

"Not in front of the kids Michael. I love you baby, and calm down. Your breaking out in hives hon."  The grandmother replied. "See you guys later."

Several days later, the grandmother died on her kitchen floor, holding a picture of her son's daughters in her hand. It was believed that she had died with a smile on her face as a stale tear rested on her cheek. The cancer had  killed her, completely devastating her son and daughter, plus all of her grandchildren. Within a span of 6 months, all of Michael's uncles by blood had died and leaving one aunt by blood still living(all of them died of old age with a few exceptions). 2 years later Lauri's mom developed cancer as well, and fell down the stairs of their house. She died a couple months after falling down.

_____________________________________________________________________

Walking down the sidewalk I asked Kevin, "Would you like to go over Katie's with me? She wants to meet up and catch up."

"Yeah sure. I wanna see how she is at the moment. It's been a while since I last saw her. Maybe 2 years minimum?"

"Then you should definitely come." I said and smiled. Thinking about my childhood, I held my breath a little because I couldn't cry in front of him again. He rubbed my back and kept going.

I then texted Jacob about meeting up with Katie, and he said as long as he can bring Maddie with him. Only because Maddie is still sort of friends with Katie, I said yes. If anything was to happen there with Madelyn Clarkson, it would be sure I wouldn't cry. There would be more anger at that moment in my entire life.

____________________________________________________________________

Hi guys:) That flashback is true!! I was 4 years old so I didn't know what was happening. I still have her necklace to this day. It made me so emotional trying to write this chapter because now I know what was going on instead of back then I thought i was just getting a present. The picture on the side is the necklace, except mine and my sisters have the golder version, or not as dark:)