Kyrie's P. O. V.

"Kyrie?" Trayvon says. "Yea?" "What's wrong?" "Nothing. What makes you think there's something wrong?" "I know you, female. Tell me." He says and I laugh. "Do you think it's healthy to have an anniversary every month?" I ask. "I don't see a problem. Why?" "When I look at my parents, they don't have monthly anniversaries. But they give random presents to one another. I think this every month thing is too much and smothering and stressful as fuck! You think Cole will understand if I want a yearly anniversary?" I ask. 'Cause seriously, I don't like this set up anymore. I did at first, but now ... I don't know. "He should. I mean it's not like you saying 'bitch, it's over!'" Trayvon says and I'm bent over laughing. "You're a retard. But thank you, Tray." I said and hugged him again. "It's my job." He replies. "So, are you still gonna go through with the plan for Friday?" I ask him. "Yea. Ugh! Why did you have to like white boys?" "Aye, what do I have to do with this? My boyfriend is black." "So, you didn't used to like white boys?" "Why you bringing up old shit?" I ask and he laughs. "Anyway, thanks to you, I like them too." "Nigga, I have nothing to do with that." I said just as the door opens. Cole, Santos, Raven and Azendra came running in. "What the hell?" Me and Tray say in unison. "We skipped the rest of first period." Raven says. "And Dr. Nolan was coming around the corner." Azendra finishes. "Why did y'all skip the rest of class?" Tray asks. "Chresanto?" Azendra says and Santos walks towards Trayvon. I squeal into Cole's chest before turning back to my friends. Chresanto was moving hella slow. Caressing his face and shit! "Kiss him already!" Raven yells. Trayvon leans in the rest of the way and connects their lips. I scream so loud that I know the school heard. "Babe, you're crying." Cole says and wipes my cheeks. "I know. I've been waiting to see this happen for him. And now it is. He's all grown up." I responded. "Will you go out with me?" Santos asks. Tray looks at me and I say, "Say no and I will personally fuck you up." He laughs and then looks back at the boy in front of him. He nods his head and we cheer. I run full speed to them, knocking my best friend down and landing on him. "He's no longer single!" I yell while hugging him tight. He hugs me back while laughing. I get up while pulling him with me. I then hug Santos. "This one right here, I'll kill you over. Treat him right. That goes for you too, Tray." I said. They both nodded and kissed one more time. The bell rang, signaling the end of first period and we all walked out, smiles on our faces.

*7th period*

I was the first to enter choir. I hate this class! Mrs. Rysavy always wanna put me on front street by making me do the class warm-ups. "Good afternoon, Kyrie." She says. "Good afternoon." I reply before sitting in my chair. Kids start filing in. The last person to enter was Raven and she came and sat by the rest of us. "Alright class! October first through the fifth we're gonna have a competition. All choir classes are participating. You can either work in a group or or by yourself. You're going to pick a song according to the topic I give you. Depending on your amount of votes you get, you move onto the next level. First topic is on letting someone go." Ms. Rysavy finishes and the class erupts into discussion. The perfect song just sat there in my head but I didn't know if I was gonna work with anyone. "Kyrie, are you gonna work with me?" Tray asks. "Sure. What about y'all?" I say, turning my attention to Cole, Azendra and Raven. "Aye, I'm going solo dolo." Cole says. "Me and Zeny are working together." Raven says and I nod. I take out my notebook and start jotting down the song lyrics to 'Let Her Go' by Passenger and making adjustments to them. "Damn. You got the song already?" Cole asks and I nod my head again. "And no you can't know what it is." I say before he can continue. He groans and glares playfully at me. We laugh and continue working and talking until class ends.

*4 hours later*

It was 6 and I was sitting at my desk doing my homework. My phone started ringing. It was Bennie. My manager. "Hello?" "Hey, Kyrie. I printed out a new schedule for you. But you can't start until November." "OK. Thanks, Bennie." "You're welcome. You can come get it whenever you want." "Aight. Cool. I'll holla at you later." I said and hung up. I went back to my homework which was math. Who the hell is gonna use a trinomial in life? "Footz?" My mom says as she comes into my room. "Yes, ma'am?" "Cole said that he says gonna be over in a little bit." "Ok. Send up him when he gets here." I reply and she nods. "I'm glad that you're with him. He makes you happy." My mom says and I look at her like she's crazy. "Who are you and where the deuce is my mom?" I say and she laughs. I was serious as hell. My parents are insane and when Cole first met them, I was paranoid as shit. They like him but neither one of them has ever really said anything about our relationship. "I'm serious. Cole is a wonderful young man. I'm really happy that you two are together." "That college has been doing damage to you. But thanks." My mom is a Criminal Justice professor. She laughs and gets up. "Mom?" "Yea?" "I love you, buster." I said bringing out my Californian accent. Lived there for 3 years and my mom is from there. "Love you too, buster." She says and walks out.

*30 minutes later *

"What the fuck? There's no GCF and it's not prime. Where the hell do I go from here!?" I yell in frustration. I was on my last problem and it was being a bitch. I was scribbling out the problem for the hundredth time when I hear, "Having troubles?" My lips instantly curl up into a smile, knowing that it's Cole. I look up and he's standing there in some jogging pants and a T-shirt. "Hey and yeah." I say before getting up and hugging him. He smells so good! "Why you come over so late?" I ask while pulling him to my bed. "I wanted to see you." He says. I smile and rest my head on his chest. "So you ready for tomorrow?" I ask. "Yea. But I need to tell you something." "What?" "You might get mad." He says and I sit up and look at him in confusion. "What is it?" "You have to wear a dress." He says while holding back a smile. "Why?" I whine. "Your surprise requires it." He says. "Ugh! I hate dresses. You know that. Can't I just wear a dress shirt and some jeans?" "No. Come on. For me?" He says and hovers over me. "See the way my closet is set up..." I trail off and he laughs. "That isn't going to work this time. Kyrie, it's only for a few hours." "Fine! But I swear, you're going to regret it. And I'm telling you now, I'm wearing gym shoes with it." "Thank you, baby." He says and leans down and kisses me. His lips didn't hover over mine. I don't like that. He pulls back and smiles. "I didn't like that kiss." I say and he looks at me with a face of mock pain. "Why not?" "When you usually kiss me, you don't dive straight in. You almost hesitate over my lips. You didn't do it this time." "I'm sorry." He says and then leans back in. "You mean like this?" He whispers and I nod before leaning up and capturing his lips. He tastes like Juicy Fruit. Haha. I don't know why I find that funny. I pull back and look into his eyes. "I love you." I say. "I love you too. I'll see you tomorrow." He says and gets up. I nod and walk him to the front door. "Bye, Cole." "Bye, baby girl." He responds and pulls me into a hug. Tight and intimate. Sometimes, I think Cole is scared of me leaving him. That doesn't make sense to me but aye, I can't judge. "Be safe, sweetie." I said when he lets me go. "I will." He replies and kisses my cheek before walking to his car. I watch him pull off before going upstairs. As soon as I lay down, Tray walks in and jumps on my bed. Yea, he actually came. "Cole just left?" He asks. "Yea." "I can't get over you having a boyfriend." "Hahaha. Me either. So do you think you and Santos are gonna work out?" "Yea. I like him a lot." "I can tell. I'm happy for you, mofo." I say and he laughs. "Thanks, sis." He says and kisses my cheek. "What the deuce is with everyone and my cheeks?" "That sounds funny but they're chubby. Like a little chipmunk. Ooh! From now on I'm either calling you Thea or Theodora." "Uh, why?" "You're like a female Theodore from Alvin and the Chipmunks." He says and I bust out laughing. "I'm done!" I say when I calm down. "Haha. I'm sleeping in here. So good night." Tray replied and moved closer to me. "Night, love." I said and kissed his forehead. He was out like a light. His morning must've took it outta him. I turn off the light and before I know it, I'm sleeping too.