Trayvon's P.O.V

"Kit-Kat, I'm scared." I say into the phone. I was sitting in my car waiting for Santos to come out. We were going on a date. "Why?" Kyrie responds. "I'm scared he's gonna be upset." "This is why I told your fuck ass not to tell him right away." "Look, motherfucker! I wanna get the shit off my chest." "Well damn. Ok. Sorry. See, my confessing experience wasn't like yours. So, all I can really say is just relax and know that this isn't the end of the world. I think you'll be fine, though. Love you and good luck, boo." Kyrie says. "Thanks. He's coming out. I'll talk to you later." I say and hang up. Chresanto slides into the passenger's seat. "Why you staring at me?" He asks and blushes hard. "I hadn't noticed that I was but you're cute." I say and start up the car. "I'm sorry this date was so abrupt but I need to talk to you about something very important. And I just thought it'd be better if we were alone. Maybe having some lunch and-." I start rambling outta nervousness when he grabs my hand and entwined our fingers. "Tray, it's fine. This was a pleasant surprise. Calm down, babe." Santos says and squeezes my hand. I nod and will my heart to stop beating so fast.

*30 minutes later*

We sat in the living room of my house, eating blizzards from Dairy Queen. "So, what was so important that you needed to talk to me about?" Santos asks as he swivels his body so that he's facing me. I start to panic again but my boyfriend's hand touching mine calmed me down. "Well, I know haven't been together for a full month but in this time, you've made me feel on Cloud Nine. You're sweet, so handsome, caring, funny and overall just a joy to be with. I don't wanna push you or anything but what I'm trying to say is that ... I ... think ... I-." I got stuck on my words. "Go on." Santos says for encouragement and holds my face. "I guess it all boils down to ... I think I love you, Santos." I say and look down. There's a very uncomfortable silence hovering over the room. But Chresanto lifts my head and kisses me. Soft and passionately. "I'm honestly stunned. I didn't expect that. I care about you a lot. Way more than anyone I've ever been with. But, I can't say that I love you." He says and my heart drops. "Oh ..." I croak out. "I guess you wanna break up now." I say once I clear my throat. "I never said that. I still wanna be with you. Like I said, I care about you and I want you to be mine and I want to be yours. I just think I need more time to really decipher if I love you or if I'm in love with you. Feel me?" He says and I can't help the smile that spreads across my face. I nod and he pulls me into another kiss. I let myself relax into his arms on. Honestly, this still went better than I expected.

*3 hours later*

I ran into the house. "Hey, Aunt Nette. Hey, Uncle Donny." I say to Kyrie's parents before sprinting up to her room. I knock and stand there impatiently. "Come in." She says. When I walk in, I'm thrown. Kyrie is standing up and Cole is drawing on her stomach. "The shit y'all do." I say and sit in the recliner. "Whatever. How'd it go, though?" Cole asks. "Great!" I say with a wide smile spreading across my face. I then get up and walk out. "He's on crack or something."  Kyrie says. "I heard that, buster." I say and hear them laugh. I go downstairs and lean over my aunt's shoulder. "Terrence, what do you want?" She asks. "Nothing. Love you, Aunt Nette." "Love you too." She says and kisses my forehead. I then go to the living room. "Uncle Donny?" I say. "Yea, son?" "You're awesome. Love you." "Love you too." He says and then I run back upstairs. I knock on my mom's door. "Come on." She says and I open the door. "Hey, baby." "Hey, mom. I'm gonna leave again but I just wanna say I love you, I'm glad that you're feeling better and thank you for everything." "Aww, you're welcome, hon." She says and I rush in to hug her before leaving back out. I steal a biscuit from the kitchen and go to my car. I drive to the park and sit on the hood. I felt great at this moment. Not physically, but mentally. I smiled as I pictured the grayish almost silver color of Santos eyes. They're beautiful, just like him. I'm so lucky to still have him.