Kyrie's P.O.V

As we're driving, I keep shifting in my seat. I feel over exposed and uncomfortable in this dress. My arms started to itch. Fuck! My OCD and eczema is acting up. Ugh! "You alright, babe?" Cole asks. "Yea. I'm just excited." I said. Not a complete lie. "Cole what song are you singing?" I ask. "You talking about for the little choir contest?" "Yea." "Can't tell you." He says and laughs. "If I wasn't a Christian." I respond and we laugh as he pulls up in front of his house. "Aye, do your brother be dodging us?" I ask. "Nah. Why you say that?" "Cause when I come over here, he's NEVER home." "Haha. I don't know why he's not but he don't be dodging." Cole responds and pulls me up the stairs and into the house. "Thank God! He didn't burn my cornbread." Cole mumbles. "Wait! You cooked?" I say and he smiles before pulling me into the kitchen. On the stove was fried chicken, home made mashed potatoes, green beans and cornbread. "Cornbread! Spas attack real quick." I say and I hear another laugh besides Cole's. I look behind me and see a tall ass, light skinned negro. "Kyrie, this Kel. My big brother." Cole says. I stood there staring at him for a minute. I've seen him somewhere before but I can't put my finger on it. Then it hits me. "Red shorts!" I say and run full speed to him and hug him. He laughs and says, "Nice to finally meet you. Properly." "Yea. Nice to meet you too." I reply. "Well, let's eat. My stomach on hostage mode." Cole says and we all laugh.

*2 hours later*

I was having so much fun. This is probably the best anniversary ever. " Kyrie, I like how you put together your outfit." Kel says. "Oh, thanks. Your brother can't stand it." I said and laughed. A few minutes later, my phone vibrates. I read the text and start rolling.

My Sexy Ahh Novio: You're right. I can't stand it. But not for the reason you think ;)

I didn't even respond. I'm a tease by myself. According to Cole. "Well, it's 9:30 and I still have more anniversary things. So Kel, we're gonna leave. I should be home by 11:30." Cole says. "Aight. It was so nice to meet you, Kyrie." Kel responds. "Nice to meet you too. I have another brother. I love it." I say and hug him and kiss his cheek. He waves to us as me and Cole walk outside. He opens my door and I slide in. "So, what else are we doing tonight?" I ask once we start driving. "Just something simple." He replies.

*20 minutes later*

We finally stop at this park. "Come on, ma." Cole says and pulls me out the car once he puts on some music. We take a few steps before he pulls me into his arms. I wrap my arms around his neck as we sway back and forth to 'Earth Angel' by The Temptations. In case y'all haven't noticed, that's my favorite group of all time. "Cole? Can I ask you something?" I say and I feel him nod. "I'm not trying to be rude or mean but were you bullied when you were young?" I say. He stiffens and then loosens again. That makes me hold him tighter and wait for him to answer. I play with his ear. Bad habit of mine. " I've never had a real friend. I was a loner up until a few years ago but I don't trust them like I know I should." He says. " Why not?" I reply. "When I'm around them, my shadiness meter goes off the rocket. I keep to myself when and if we hang. Only sound I really make is a laugh." "Are you talking about my friends." "No. They're cool. I'm talking about that group of boys that was with me in Footlocker." "Oh." I say and then stop talking about it. I could tell he was getting uncomfortable. "Thanks for tonight, babe. It was so much fun." I said. "Wait until you see what I got you." He says and pulls me back to the car. He goes into the trunk and says, "I hope I didn't do the dummy move. But happy anniversary, beautiful." And then he hands me two bags. I set them on the car and look inside. The first bag had a black T-shirt with a smoked out Tupac on it, a purple hoodie that said 'THUG LIFE TIL I DIE', and a white 'Obey' snapback. The second bag had this pair of Supras I've been yearning for. Except he got mine custom made. The main color of the shoe was blue but the tongue was leopard. I turned around to thank him but he put his finger up, signaling for me to wait. "I've had this for a minute. I think this is a good time to give it to you." He says and then goes into his pocket. He pulls out a gray box and hands it to me. I open it and there's a gold key on a gold chain. "The key to my heart. Although you had that the first time I saw you. Kyrie, I never thought I would meet someone like you. I've seen you change over these few months. And you don't know how good I feel knowing that I have something to do with that. We've always been told that we're too young to know what love is. But that's a lie. I'm old enough to know that what I feel with you, I don't feel with anyone else. When I look at you, I feel body temp rise. My hands almost yearn to touch and my body aches to feel your touch. Your smile is contagious and it warms everyone around you. You think that I only see what's on the outside. I don't. Your heart has been through. Your eyes have seen waterfalls. And society has been a bitch to you. It all shows through your actions. And for you to still love me like you do shows me how good of a person you are. This anniversary thing? I don't need it. I spend my time with you anyway and there's never a second where I feel like we're fading apart. I love you and that's all that matters." He says. I wanted to respond so bad and I kept opening and closing my mouth. I felt too much at that moment and I couldn't form coherent words so I just sighed and hugged him. Tears ran down my face and a giant smile spreads across my face. For anyone who has had problems, insecurities or doubts about themselves and life, finding someone to love you unconditionally is probably the best thing ever. And I did. Cole Bryante Jackson is life. Now that he's here with me, I can't see a reality with him gone. "I love you too, nigga." I reply and he chuckles. "Let's get you home." He says and we get in the car.

*45 minutes later *

We finally pulled up to my house. Had to grab something to eat. We get out and Cole walks me to my porch. "I had a really good time tonight. Thanks, Cole." I say. "You're welcome. And thank you, too." He leans in and stops. 'He hesitated. Hell yeah!' I think to myself and then my thoughts are cut off by his lips attaching to mine. I still feel the fourth of July in my gut. He pulls away and says, "Good night, baby girl." And then starts to walk away. "Good night, baby boy." I call after him and watch as his car speeds off down the street. I grab my bags and walk into the house as silently as I can. "11:25. He loves his life." My mom says and I couldn't help but to laugh. This is my mom. Not that extra nice lady that was in my room the other day. "Mom, why are you still up?" "Cause I wanna be. Fuck type of question is that?" She responds and I'm dying. "Noo, I wasn't ready." I reply and she laughs this time. " Anyway, did you have a good time?" She asks. "I had a great time." "Looks like Cole spent money." She says while pointing to my neck. "Hahaha. I'm assuming he did. But I didn't ask." "Well, Tray is waiting for you." "Aight. Night, mom. Love you." I say and kiss her cheek before going up to my room. I put my bags in my closet, grab my towel and then go to the bathroom. I take a quick shower and put on a pair of pajamas before going to Tray's room. I knock on the door and he yells, "Come in!" I open the door and he's still cross-legged on his bed. "Thea!" He says. I laugh and say, "I thought you were joking about that." And then I sit on his bed. "Nope. Anyway, how'd it go?" He asks. "Great! I had so much fun and I finally got to meet Kel. Then we slow danced at the park. Uff! It was just so magical." I said and he smiled. "This is pissing me off. You're growing up right before my eyes." Tray says. He's older than me by 6 months. "Cualquier." I reply. "What?" "It means whatever." "Aye, I'm not Hispanic, asshole." "Shut up." I say and then take his pillow and lay down. "Femenina! The fuck?" He says and turn around and glare at him. "I thought you didn't know Spanish." I say. "I never said that. I said I'm not Hispanic." " Die slow." I say and turn over again. As I got drowsy, I realized that I never told Cole I wanted a yearly anniversary. But maybe I won't need to. Soon, I'm asleep.