Cole's P.O.V.

Wednesday, September 9th.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

My alarm went off and I slammed my hand down on it. My heartbeat started to grow more rapid as I realized what day it was. Me and Kyrie's 3 month anniversary. Ugh! This all seems surreal. "Cole!" My brother yells. "I'm up!" I reply. I get outta bed and get in the shower. I get out and put on some cargo shorts, a black hoodie and my black Vans. I walked to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. "Cole?" Kel says. "What's up?" "Do you think Kyrie is even gonna like me. And what about her parents?" He says and I can't help but to laugh. "Bro, you good. You won't be interrogated to death like I was and Kyrie has been practically begging to meet you. Comme des FUCKDOWN!" I said and he laughed. "We're meeting here or at the Old Country Buffet?" He asked. "I'm cooking. I'm bringing her here. But I gotta get to school. I'll see you later today." I said and ran out the house. I got into my car and sped off to school. I gotta be honest, I'm feeling some type of way. I didn't get no call this morning and Kyrie didn't pick up when I called her in the school parking lot. I walk into school and everybody is by our lockers. "Hey y'all. Um, h-has anybody se-seen my girlfriend?" I stutter out. Curse this embarrassing impediment. "I haven't. She should be here in a minute." Raven says but a smirk appears across her face. We stand there for a few more minutes, me growing more nervous by the second. I shift my weight from one foot to the other. God, Kyrie has me wrecked.

*An hour later*

We were all sitting in 2nd period. Kyrie STILL hasn't showed up. But Trayvon, Chresanto, Raven, and Azendra keep laughing and looking at me. I put my head down and zone out until the bell dings and the receptionist comes over the PA. "All classes report to the upper gym. Back to school assembly. I repeat, all classes report to the upper gym. Back to school assembly." She says and we all groan before walking out the class.

*45 minutes later*

"And now, to end this assembly, we have one of our own making a dedication to a special someone in the crowd. Please stay silent. Enjoy." Dr. Nolan says and then goes to sit on the side with all the other staff. The beat to 'Just My Imagination' filled the room and everyone looked around. "Each day through my window I watch him as he passes by." A voice fills my ears and I blurt out, "No ... she ...didn't." Tray looks over at me and says, "Wait for it." My head whips around in different directions looking for my angel. I still wasn't sure if it was Kyrie but my doubts vanished when Paul's part came. The octaves dropped dramatically and if you know this song, you know that Paul's part isn't that low. "Don't ever let another take his love from me. Oh I would surely die. Heavenly, when his arms enfold me, I hear a tender rhapsody." I just close my eyes and let the music flow through my body. I then feel something cold on my neck. "Happy anniversary, Cole." I hear then I look down. There was a gold chain with half a heart around my neck. It said 'I Love You' and then I looked up. Kyrie stood there smiling and said, "Forever and A Day." Before pointing to her neck. She had on a silver necklace with the other half of the heart. I stepped closer and grabbed her waist. "I love you." I said. "I love you too." She replied and kissed me. The gym erupted into an applause. I was lost in her lips. Amazement still hazed my mind. She pulled away and said, "Let's go." Before pulling me down the stairs and out the gym. We run all the way to her car before I slam her against it and crush my lips onto hers. "Thank you." I say once I pull back. "You're welcome." "How did you pull that off?" "It wasn't easy. Dr. Nolan made me explain all the reasons why I wanted to do that and just a bunch of bullshit. But it was worth it." She says and smiles. "You're the best girlfriend ever." I say. "Aww, I try. Now come on. Shopping!" She replies and we get in her car.

*3:15 p.m.*

Me and my future wife are walking out of Lidz. We've been shopping for a few hours and I got mad stuff for her. She don't even know it. I was snapped out my thoughts by a stinging on my ass. I look at Kyrie and she's looking the other way. "Stallion?" I say and she busts out laughing. "Yes, baby?" "Did you just slap my ass?" "Gasp! Why would I do that?" She says all dramatically. "I don't know." I respond. We continue walking, swinging our entwined hands. "So are you ready for tonight?" I ask. "Hell yea! I can't wait to see what you planned." She says and we laugh. My baby is so adorable. "Baby boy, you stay on my mind and fulfill my fantasy. I think about you all the time, I see you in my dreams. Baby boy, not a day goes by without my fantasy." She sings."Oh do you now?" I ask with a smirk. She smiles and flips me off. As we're walking out the mall, I hear, "Skert!" We look around before Kyrie drops her bags and takes off full speed towards the car. She hugs somebody who was leaning against it. As I got closer, I saw that it was Dre. "Happy anniversary." He says as I walk up. "Thanks." Me and Kyrie say in unison. "So y'all turning up or what?" He asks. "See we were gonna do that but Dreeeeeeee! Cole is making me wear a dress." Kyrie whines and hugs him. He and I both start dying. "Krissy, it's only for a few hours and dresses look nice on you." Dre says. "I don't give a shit! If dresses was the dress code for women, I would stay in jail. I hate dresses." She replies. "Baby girl, you're gonna look beautiful tonight." I say. "Fine! But I swear, Cole my anniversary gift better be fiyah. And De'Andre, I want $100 and a pair of Flights." She responds. We nod and then Dre says he has to go and then walks away. "I'm dropping you off at school?" Kyrie asks as she pulls out the parking lot. "Yea. I'm picking you up at 7. Be ready." "OK." She responds and we get on the main road.

*3 hours later*

"This fuck ass tie!" I yell and retie it for like the 20th time. I was putting the finishing touches on my suit. "Cole! It's 6:40!" Kel yells. "Oh shit!" I say and grab my phone and keys. I run down the stairs to see Kel in his suit. "Watch the cornbread. Don't burn it! I'll be back." I say and run out the door. I get in my car and speed off down the street.

*20 minutes later*

I pull up in front of Kyrie's house and get out. I adjust my suit and walk up the stairs. I breath in before knocking on the door. Mr. Williams opens it and says, "I'm impressed. Come in, son." I walk over the threshold and stand there. "Nervous?" He asks. I nod and shift uncomfortably. "Relax. I'm not gonna kill you. You good people." He says and I don't know why but that comforts me. We just stand there and talk. "Dad, is Cole here?" I hear after a few minutes. "Yea. Come on. You've kept him waiting long enough." Mr. Williams says and laughs. I'm a little scared about how Kyrie's going to look. Beautiful no doubt but she said that I'd regret making her wear a dress. "Cole, you better be fucking grateful. It took me like an hour to get her to buy this dress." Mrs. Williams says and then walks down the stairs. She stands next to her husband and we all turn towards the stairs. A gasp escapes my mouth when I see Kyrie bend the corner. She had on a purple dress that came just above her knees and flared out a little and it had a line of sequins along the waist and they dotted the chest area. She also had on a white cardigan and, true to her word, gym shoes. High top white Forces at that. One half of her hair was pinned down and the rest was out and curled. She flashes me a shy smile, her teeth sparkling white and my heart jumps and beats 3x faster. She finally walks over to me and wraps her arms around my neck. I hug her and breath in her scent. She smells like apples. "Can you believe it? Our baby is growing up." Mrs. Williams says in fake tears. "Yea. It's amazing." Kyrie's dad responds and we say our good byes. "Happy anniversary!" They yell as we walk to my car. I open the door for her before getting in the driver's seat. Before I start the car, I turn to her say, "You look gorgeous." And kiss her cheek. She blushes and says, "Thank you. You're looking mighty handsome." She replies. I smile and pull off. Time for surprises.