Kyrie's P.O.V

I woke up at like noon. I'm still tired as fuck. I looked up at Cole. He was just laying there looking cute. I climbed onto his lap and sat there. I scrolled through my Instagram while he slept. There was a knock on my door and I get up to open it. My parents stood there. "We're heading out to work." "On Sunday?" "Yea. Grading papers and meetings. We'll be back later this evening. Lizeth is in Georgia with Mama Tee. Tray and Santos are still sleeping. We'll see you guys later. Love you." My mom says as she and my dad hug me. "Love you too." I respond and close the door. I take my place back on Cole's waist. "I can love you in the shower. Both of our bodies dripping wet." I sing and this slick negro says, "I thought you'd never ask." I laugh and say, "Still not gonna happen." "Well, can I get the kiss from last night?" "I said I'd make it up to you, right?" I reply as I lean down to his lips. Cole tangles his fingers through my hair and closes the gap between us. My hands rest on the bed behind his head as he continues to pull me closer to his body. He kept pulling and biting my lip and each time he did, a moan slipped out. 'On the Hotline' popped into my head. Cole made possibly the sexiest sound I ever heard when I drug my teeth across his bottom lip. His nails dug into my waist and I smiled. 'Got 'im!' I think and start to pull away. The need for air became too real. "Does that make up for last night?" I ask and Cole nods his head vigorously. "Good." I say and lean up. He holds his phone up and I hurry to cover my face just as he snaps a picture. "It's still going on IG." He says and I groan. "You couldn't wait until I combed my hair?" "Nah. Cause you wake up beautiful." He says and I blush. Ever since I met Cole, I can't stop blushing. I mean, I like it but I'm still trying to get used to it. My phone buzzed and I looked at it. This negro tagged me in the picture and the caption says, 'Novia got that GLG early in the morning.' "Little niggah." I say and we start laughing. "Kush ... Kush ... Kush. I like that name." Cole says and I laugh. "Do you know why Dante calls me that?" "No." "When we were younger, my impediment was bad, yo. And he and Tray used to make fun of me. Fuck niggahs. But, anyway I can't say things that have ch, sh, tr, j, str, sion, tion, and a couple more and Dante calls me Kush as a way to mock me. Does that make sense?" "Yea. But it's cute so fuck them!" Cole says and I start rolling. "I'm so through." I reply and get up. I walk downstairs to see Tray and Santos laying on the couch. "Awwww!" I gush. "Thea, shut the hell up." "Well then. Good morning to you too, Terrence. Little fucker." I mumble the last part and go to the kitchen. "What you doing, ma?" Cole asks as he slides his arms around me. "Nothing. I wanna go for a walk." "Aight. Let's get ready." He replies and pulls me upstairs. "Ante, where the hell is my birthday present?" "Look in the closet. Top shelf in the corner." He says and walks out the room. I grab a chair and stand on it so I can reach the shelf. I pull out a little gift bag. I take off the card that's attached to the bag and open it.

Dear Kyrie,

Happy birthday, baby. Um, I did a lot of rewriting and proofreading with this letter. What I say may be a repeat of the little anniversary speech but whatever. So! It would be way easier if I was talking to you. But ... I consider myself the luckiest person alive. I have a girlfriend who is amazing, smart, funny and oh so beautiful. Let me get corny by saying baby you light up my world like nobody else. Haha. I wouldn't trade what we have for anything or anyone. I'm sorry about jumping to conclusions. Wasn't the best thing to do and I'm forever grateful that you didn't break up with me. As each day goes by, I realize that if I never fall in love again ... I'll be satisfied because you were my first. You showed me what a relationship is supposed to be and you love me like no other. And why are your waves so deep?! Putting mine to shame and shit! I digress. Every night, I thank God for you and your family. All of you have embraced me and Kel and you don't know how much that means to us. I'm gonna end with this: We both have went through our own hell. And we both are trying to move on. But no matter what, we still need someone by our side to help us through. You have me and I have you. I don't want me and you to end once we go to college or something. I want us to be like your grandparents. I want us to have little munchkins running around. I want to sit at a desk with you knowing that we're making a way for ourselves. I want to renew our vowels to one another every decade. I want to watch our kids grow up and admire the path that we have created and be deemed as their role models. All of that I want to be done with you and no one else. I love you, Kyrie. By the way, your name is ill! Love it. And one more thing ... No Cambie, Négro.

Love,
Cole, yo sexy ahh Novio.

I wiped my face and looked inside the bag. I pull out a small box and right after I open it, I hear, "Nothing is promised to me and you. But baby I promise, I'll stay true. As long as you promise to stay mine. This is my promise to the end of time." I look at Cole as he belts out a little remix of 'Promise' by Jagged Edge. In the box was a silver banded promise ring with an opal stone. "I probably spend too much money on you but I don't care. You deserve it." He says. "I do the same. And we think too much alike." "Why you say that?" "I got you something similar to this for your birthday. But thank you, baby." I say and lean in to kiss him. "You're welcome. Now, get your thick ass dressed." He says and slaps my thighs. "Pushy." I reply and grab a random hanger with an outfit on it.

*4 hours later*

"Ahh! Go, little bitch, go. Aye, bitch you better ... bitch. Just calling the kids bitches." Cole says and I cannot stop laughing. We were sitting at this park behind a church I used to go to. "Jit said the minute I push the bitch into the 2%, all hell wanna break loose." "Nah, nah. Here it go." Cole says and gets up to run behind a tree. "Mike, take the picture." He says and I Bol. "This is a nice fish, you know. Big fucking eyes but a nice fucking fish." I say and he busts up. "We need help." "Swear!" I respond and lay my head on his shoulder. "What did Raven say to you?" I ask. "She said that every boy she likes ends up liking Zeny." " I knew that." "How?" "I peep everything. But I noticed it in like 7th grade. After Ray broke up with some kid named Keyjuan." "Oh." "Dry ass statement. But make sure that you help her when y'all go to the mall. You're a better observer with things." I say and he nods. My phone rings. "Yayo!" "Where are you? We're hungry." Izzy says. "Uncle Tray ain't cook for you guys?" "No. He said you cook the best." "Hahaha. I'll be there in an hour or so. Tell Tray to give you a bag of chips." "Ok. Vonnie is sleep." "Make sure Terrence has a bowl of applesauce made for him. I'll be there in a little." "Ok, TeeTee." Izzy says and hangs up. "Tray being a bitch niggah. We gotta go." I say and get up and walk away. Cole runs and grabs my hand. "I love you, Novia." "I love you too, Novio."

No cambie, négro means Don't change, negro.