Flash Backs

05/02/2012

When I woke up this morning all I could think of was my dream. I was back at my home, the one I grew up in. I was young again. They were there; the damned childrens aid.

--------------------------------------------------

I was up in the attic with my older brother Matthew. We were hiding out of sight like Mommy told us to do. She said the grown ups that were coming up the walk were going to play hide and go seek with us. We were very competitive. We didn't move an inch. No matter how many times the grown-ups called for us.

Then Mommy screamed. Matthew and I had been talking and were suddenly silenced. We stared down the stairwell as of a monster was going to jump out and eat us. Then Mommy screamed again. "Mommy!" I exclaimed as I ran down the stairs.

"No, wait!" Matthew yelled behind me. 

I didn't listen. All I could think of was that Mommy was hurt or scared. She was never hurt or scared. When I got to the living room Mommy was on her knees on the floor. Daddy was still at work so he wouldn't be able to help. There were two strangers staring down at Mommy. They hadn't yet noticed me. One was a man, the other was a woman. The man looked at my Mommy with disgust. He had hit my Mommy.

Myanger got the best of me and I yelled at this stranger. "How dare you touch my Mommy!" I screamed. "Wait 'till my Daddy gets home! He'll put you right back into your place!"

They all stared at me a moment. I was sure my face was as red as my hair now, I was so embarassed. "How old are you dear?" The woman asked nicely.

"Don't you try to trick me by being nice," I warned her. 

She smiled. Then repeated her question. "How old are you?" 

I glared at her a moment before responding. "I'm 5." I answered.

The man and woman looked at each other funny. It was like it was a bad thing for me to be 10 or something. "What's your name?" The man asked.

I gave him the dirtiest look I could. "I'm not going to answer to a prick like you." I stated.

The strangers looked horrified. My mother looked at me then said, "Now young lady, I don't want to hear words like that out of your mouth again." She looked at me sternly. "Do I find myself clear?" I nodded. "Good. Now appoligize."

"But Mommy-" I started.

"No buts," she stated.

"I'm sorry mister," I said grudgingly to the man. 

"It's ok." He said to me. Then turning to my mother he said, "Mrs. Snow, you are unfit to be a mother." I didn't know what was going on.

"Mommy," I asked. "What does he mean?"

"He means," The woman answered before my mom had a chance. "That we are taking you away from here. And you will never see your family again."

There was a finality in her voice that I didn't like. "Don't I get a choice?" I asked, angry.

"No, I'm afraid you don't." The man answered. 

And with that, the man picked me up and started carrying me out of the house. I didn't want to leave though. "Mommy! Matthew! Help me!" I screamed. But Mommy only sat on the floor crying. Matthew still wasn't in sight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey. She's keeping her name out purposely. No fair. I wanna know her name. We got her real last name though :) We're putting together pieces of her past to figure her out. I need you guys to comment to tell me what you want in some of the chapters. And vote if you like it. Come on people. Help me out.

Picture is Mrs. Snow.

Hope you enjoyed :D

-Ashee