Day 47

After Hazel comes back from her date, she spills it all. West is so nice and romantic I'm so happy for Hazel. He took her to dinner, and then took her out to dance in the park. Apparently he had a whole dance number planned for her. Where James and Eldon came out and did flips and then the other dancers slowly all came in and danced in a circle around her, until West flipped off a graffiti tag out of no where and landed right in front of Hazel. It seemed pretty romantic.

"I wonder when Hazel and West are going to show up." I say, twirling my straw in my peach smoothie. I'm hanging out with Luke and John right now in the Junction. Harley is at dance, and Theo is somewhere in the studio.

Harper: hazel and west are supposed to be showing up any minute so we can sort of show West around and help him get to know Hazel and I's friends. I'm super excited.

"Maybe they stood you up." John says, gulping his lemonade. He laughs, "Not a surprise." I punch him for being such a big brother.

"Hey!" I exclaim, and Luke laughs. I roll my eyes and madly sip my smoothie. I know it's a joke, but man, it burns.

"Ooh! Hazel and WEst are here@!" I say, shooting up and greeting the two. They're arm in arm and smiling so happily.

"Wazel." Luke says, smiling.

Luke: Ship. Sailed.

West: Wazel. It's cute. I think I'd even name a puppy "Wazel." Only cute names belong to puppies.

"So, this is the junction." I say, showing West around. Hazel is giggling at my excitement, but West is pretending I'm acting completely normal. Just when I'm sitting down to go back to my smoothie and introduce John and Luke, Theo comes barreling in, papers flying everywhere. He has them clutched in his hands and he looks like he's going to pee.

"I DID IT! I WROTE THE MOST MAGINIFICANT SONG TO EVER BE WRITTEN." I giggle and John says,

"And that's Theo."

"Tharper." Luke exclaims, casually. Like it's a regular thing. Theo sighs while admiring our ship name and kisses me on the cheek. I beam and then exclaim,

"So you finished your song?!"

Theo: Ever since the whole Danielle and Giselle situation at Dance Camp, I've been working on a song. It's finally finished and I can't wait to show everyone.

"Yes! Now, today, I want everyone to meet me in the rose room so I can perform it for the girl I love, in front of everyone." He then stands on a chair and repeats it, again. I laugh and West says,

"Ooh! I can ask the Next Step dancers to join! We'd love to hear!" Theo nods and then marches out, preparing for the rose room performance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're all gathered in the rose room, talking before Theo performs. Suddenly, I become tense when Giselle walks in. Harley and Luke distract me, though. Thank you, Harley and Luke.

Giselle: I can't wait to hear Theo's new song. I know he's still with Harper, but somewhere inside me says he still likes me. That this song is for me.

"hey everyone!" Theo says, and we clap. West and Hazel are happily by each other, and I see Michelle and John are talking. Theo continues, "This is a song I wrote, about a girl. A girl whom I've shared many memories with, and a girl I've waited my life to meet."

Theo starts to play, and it's beautiful. His voice and the guitar match just perfectly, and the lyrics are touching.

"So hard to see that hurt on your face,

hold me I'll help you carry the weight, I'm right here...I'm your escape.

Think about our distance everyday,

hole in your spear keeps you away, I'm right here...please turn my way.

Without your love my world is grey, with lonely art no I can't think straight,

arms are strong I'll keep you safe let me show you.

Oh my baby I've been dying here on the other side,

Oh my baby will you heal my pain in my troubled mind..."

Giselle: As I listen to the song, I know it's for me. I mean c'mon, "think about our distance everyday"? Theo and I barely see each other. That's distance. " The Other Side" The Next Step and Lost and FOund are on different sides of the building. It's perfect sense.

Theo: The song is about Harper. I wrote it when she was sort of liking Daniel. I felt I was pushed away and on the other side of our relationship. The side of hurt and pain. We became more and more distance and I just wanted to show her I care for her and I have strong feelings for her.

~

Suddenly, West pulls Hazel into an opening in the crowd and starts slow dancing with her to the song. It's romantic and sweet, and I can't help smile at the two having a moment. As I'm watching them, my eyes land on Giselle. She's right up by the stage, entranced in Theo. I'm kind of worried. I don't know who the song is about, but what if it is about Giselle?

The song ends, and West ends his dance with Hazel in a dip. We clap for both Theo and Wazel. Theo bows and then says into the microphone,

"Thank you, thank you. I'd like the beautiful girl who makes my world spin to come up on stage, please." I get worried as Giselle starts to get up on stage, but just as she steps up, Theo looks over at me. "Harper, will you please join me on stage?" I blush and get on stage, blushing. Theo continues,

"You are my Other Side. My soft Side, my goof side, my best side. You are my perfect side." I blush, and then Theo kisses me. I hear "Ooh"s coming through the crowd, and then West screams,

"Come here, Hazel!" He then kisses her, and even more "Ooh's" rumble. Everyone claps and Theo takes my hand, smiling at everyone. I see Giselle stomp out, along with some of her friends, and then I scream,

"Encore!" Everyone laughs and Theo starts to play again.