Day 6

I walk into the junction, and sit down with my lyric notebook. My lyric notebook is where all my ideas and songwriting juices come from. I start to write and organize a new song I've been working on. I hear someone sit by me. I hope It's Theo, but it's just John,

"Hey, sis." He says, rubbing his arm as he sits down.

"Hey." I finish my lyric and turn to him. He's wincing at something across the room. I follow his eyes to what it is.

Uh-oh.

Leia is scowling as she sits next to Luke and Harley, snuggling into each other. Leia looks like she's about to explode. I can see the boiling bubbles of anger fizzing inside her.

"Something's about to go down." John sighs and scratches his head. I realize what's going to happen and immediately stand up, walking over to Leia.

"Hey, Leia!" I try to smile and act excited. She looks at me with a snarl and huffs.

"So, I was wondering...if you wanted to go to the recording studio to help me finish this song I've been working on?" I hold up my book and Leia glares at it, then me. After a few tense moments she replies,

"Ugh, fine." She gets up and gives the happy couple next to her one last glare before she leaves with me.

~~

After finishing the song, we decide to walk to the rose room to join the singing circle. We got there a little early and the only people there was Ava, Hannah, Isaac, and Annabelle. They were all laughing and discussing something over some lemonade and Oreos.

"Hey guys!" Racheal comes in and Leia immediately goes over to gossip to her.

"Luke has a girlfriend? I can't believe it! Why didn't he tell me!" She crossed her arms and pouts, Racheal looking bored.

"Look, it's not that bad!" Her voice trails off and I turn to the others, trying to fit into their conversation.

"Hey Harper!" Ava exclaims and we start to talk about our newest songs.

"Did you guys hear Mr. T wants us to pair up and sing a duet of john's 'Broken By You'?" Annabelle joins. This is exciting! I wander who will be my partner. Isaac now joins,

"yeah, he's actually going to give us our partners so it's fair. I hope I get a good one." He rubs his hands and smiles, us all laughing.

The only thing I can think about is who my partner is going to be. If I paired with John, we could do a contemporary piano duet, if with a girl like Leia or Annabelle, I could do an a cappella, if Luke, I could do an electric rock version. There was so many choices.

I thought about it all practice, and after practice. It was so exciting, my first real duet! in front of everyone! I hope I would do well. I was new and everyone seemed to like me, but I want to do my best to show everyone my full potential.