Day 11 (P.2)

Right now I'm in the Junction with the band and we are sharing some fries and smoothies. I sit by Theo and Luke still jumps at anything relating to Leia. He's also recently still staying away sharp objects. Who knew Leia could be so scary.

Pfft...Leia is the definition of scary.

"So, Harper, have you found a band yet?" john asks, taking a bite of a fry. Theo showers his fry with salt, it falling in pounds on the table.

"Theo?" James asks, eyebrows raised. Theo stops shaking the salt,

"Yes?" He stares at the table, waiting for a response.

"Do you want a little salt?" James sarcastically asks. John grins. Theo starts shaking it again.

"You can never go wrong with salt. It's like one of the major food groups." John does a faceplam at this response. James shakes his head.

"Anyways, to answer your question, no, I have not found a band." John crunches his lips together as if to say, "Sucks". And Luke just stares blankly at the table.

"Idea!" Theo exclaims. James and John have now given up on reasoning and logic with him, so they ask with boredom,

"What, Theo. What is your idea." Theo lights up and rubs his hands together before speaking,

"Harper. in our band. The Ghost Ships." He raises his hands to say, "What do you think." John instantly rubs his forehead in frustration.

"Dude, how many times do we have to tell you, just because you got those weird Sailboat shirts doesn't mean we are calling ourselves  'The Ghost Ships'." Theo opens his mouth to argue but John adds,

"Ah, or 'The Sailors'." Theo looks put down.

"But as far as the idea of Harper in our band," James adds, "We do need a new lead since Luke here won't speak at all from fear of his life." He leans over and shakes Luke. he doesn't budge.

"Well, Harper, welcome to the band!" john hugs me and I exclaim a "Yay!" James high fives me and so does Theo. Luke just whispers,

"She's so scary." He shivers, referring to Leia. We all laugh.

~~

The band and I are chilling in the recording room, taking a break from recording.

"That last song we recording was so dope!" Theo exclaims. "Harper, that double melody on the second bridge with the riff was amazing!" He high fives me and I laugh.

"So, anyways, what is the 'BOS'?" I ask. I've been curious ever since Leia mentioned it to Luke.

"Oh, you mean the 'Battle Of the Singers'." John replies. I add,

"What's that?" Theo replies next,

"It's where two team captains pick members of lost and found for their team and we battle between each other with our vocal chords. It's like rap battles but with teams and we're singing. Luke and Leia are the two team captains this year." He pats Luke on the shoulder and Luke smiles.

"I already got some people I want in mind for my team." He says and looks at each of us.

"Ayyeee!" Theo exclaims, getting louder at the end.

"Well, it sounds fun! Can't wait!" I exclaim. jude comes back from the junction by now to help us record our last two songs.

"Aight, guys, let's get this finished. I want to go home and feed my cats.." He gets embarrassed. "I mean bats. I uh...play...baseball?" He says the last part like a question. Obviously lying. Luke sets up to start playing.

"Okay, let's do it. But hey Jude?" Jude nods, telling Luke to go on. Luke continues,

"what are your cat...oh I mean bats...names?" we all laugh and Jude replies full of sarcasm,

"Ha. Ha. Very funny...but um...it's Marley, Charlotte, and uh...sparkles." We all exchange laughs except for Jude, looking embarrassed. Luke starts to play and exclaims in a teasingly romantic voice,

"uh, this next song goes to Sparkles. Jude Loves you, Sparkles." He grins and Jude rolls his eyes.