Day 4 (P.3)

By the end of the date, Theo and I had forgotten about what Harley and Luke had done and we had an awesome time. Theo had asked if he could drive me home in the Mutt Cracker and I didn't say no. Who knows what Luke and Harley were going to do in her van. They'd probably go drive to Lost And Found and have another date. Or was toilet papering Mr. T's yard, or went on a late night grocery store hunt for Vanilla Wafers and whipped cream. (Luke's favorite snack) Before we got into the Mutt Cracker, Theo stopped, leaning against the side of the van.

"i guess now would be a good time to ask for your name." I smile and answer, looking into his eyes, still glimmering even in the dark,

"Harper." I say and he sighs.

"What?" I ask, confused. "Why'd you sigh?" He smiles, his pearly teeth showing, almost looking neon.

"I like that name. Harper." When he says it, it gives me cold chills and from my toes to my brain buzzed with a weird feeling.

"Why'd you want to wait?" I ask, we had moved in closer to each other without even noticing. As Theo answered, he studied my face. My eyes, then my nose, then my lips, then my hair.

"i wanted to be surprised." His words sent a tingling sensation through my body. I wanted to jump up and down and squeal. I smiled and snapped him from his trance when I moved around the front of the van to get in. He smiled and got in himself. He started the engine and you could hear two "clicks" from our seatbelts.

"Well, let's take you home."

The ride was silent, only an occasional hum from a song on the radio or a snippet of a joke that had happened at the dinner table. I was mostly silent because i had a hard time taking in the fact I had just gone on my first date. Was it an official date, though? Or was it Luke and Harley's first date with us third wheeling? I guess the truth was, i didn't want it to be my first date. I didn't really know why.

As we were pulling into my neighborhood, my heart beat rose.

"Oh Crap." I said, almost whispering. Theo looked over in concern,

"What?"

I gulped.

"John is going to kill me." Theo laughed.

"What? Why?"

"Because he gets a little too protective sometimes and if he found out I was out this late...especially on a date, he'll  be ticked." Theo let out a raspy laugh, something not many could pull off without sounding like they'd just quick smoking, but he could pull it off. i liked it. A lot.

"Don't worry. We'll sneak you in."