Day 38

So, right now, we are stretching, getting ready to practice the floor dance for Friday. Daniel walks over to me, and lately, he's been acting different. He smiles, and I sort of smile, trying to focus on stretching. He sits down and starts stretching with me.

Practice was over all good. Hunter and Hazel weren't there, though. I haven't seen them lately. I wonder what's going on. Anyways, the choreography is awesome, and i feel Michelle did amazing with bringing out everyone's strengths. i start to grab my shoes to head over to Squeezed, when Theo walks up to me.

"Hey, I need to tell you something." I nod, sort of mad a him. He's been talking to Giselle a lot lately, ad Giselle has been more mad lately. Theo randomly winks or smiles at me from across the studio, but it doesn't mean anything to me. Theo plays with his hands, and says,

"I still really like you." I don't know what to say. I'm having mixed emotions. I feel special he's gone out of his way to tell me this, but then again, why would he tell me this if he knows how I feel? I nod, and reply,

"i still like you, too." I then tell him I have to go, and he exhales in sadness. 

Harper:  My heart breaks when I hear him huff in sadness. I honestly don't know what to do anymore.

**
 I'm in Squeezed right now, trying to finish up some homework while we have a break from practice, when Daniel comes and sits by me. I smile, not taking my eyes off my homework, and Daniel drums his hands on his legs and then asks what I'm doing. I smile and reply,

"Homework." He nods and I keep writing. I really don't even want to see Daniel, It'll remind me of all my problems. It'll remind me of Theo.

Daniel and I talk, and I don't look at him once. I focus on my paper and math equations. trying to figure out the answer.

When really, in the back of my mind, I'm trying to figure out the real problem.

~~~

*Later that day*

We are stretching for the rest of practice, and I see Theo talking to Giselle. Giselle nods and they hug.

They hug.

I bring myself to look back at the floor, trying to focus on stretching. Hazel and Hunter walk in, smiling. Michelle asks them where they were this morning, and they come up with an awful lie. It's like a level John lie. That's bad. Michelle rolls her eyes and walks off, Hunter breaking into a sneaky smile. Hazel is red faced, and that means something is up.

I try not to turn my head towards the direction of Theo and Giselle, because I know I'll start to cry. I finish stretching, and get into my position for the floor dance. So does everyone else. Well, except Theo and Giselle. They ask Michelle if they can be excused, and surprisingly, Michelle says yes, looking at me after saying so. She knows something.

Theo and Giselle run off, not giving an excuse, and Daniel looks at me with a pitied look in his eye.

Harper: they're up to something, and I don't like it.

Michelle: I know what Theo and Giselle are doing, and I hope Harper doesn't get mad. i hope she understands in the end why I had to do this.