Day 41

John's hands fly over the keys so gracefully as we all smile and bob our heads to the slow beat to the song he's playing.

Luke: Right now we are all in the Rose Room listening to John's new song. I's amazing.

Theo: It's so soulful and deep. I really want to know what its truly about.

John: My song concept is basically I can't speak, like something is tied over my mouth. This is based off of how I could never express to Michelle how I feel about her. At the end of the song, it talks about how I can finally speak and feel.

~~~~~~~~

I walk into the junction, song book in hand, pencil in my mouth. I grab a juice and a muffin and sit down. I need to finish my song. I bring my pencil down, only to pick it up again. I do this multiple times, but I don't write a single word. Nothing.

Harper: I've been writing a song for a while, and it's super good, but it just needs a little more to it for it to be perfect.

John: the band and I walk in to the junction to see Harper working on her song. She's been working on it for a while, I think it's going to be perfect.

They sit down and Luke drums his knuckles on the table, causing me to look up. Theo sits by me and John sits across from me. I smile and James and Luke smirk. Theo peeks over my shoulder to see what I'm working on.

"Is that your song?" John asks. I nod, chewing on my pencil, and then quickly scribbling a note down.

Harper: I'm trying so hard to perfect this song. The truth is, I feel I need to work harder because John songs are so perfect and I feel everyone is sort of expecting my songs to be just as good as my brother's. But honestly, John's songs are everything I wish my songs would be, but they never are.

Luke: I know harper gets worried about this a lot. She's told me before but I promised I wouldn't tell John. I don't want to lose Harper's trust.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We hang out for a while, and then Mr. T calls us to the recording room. I sometimes help Jude record the boys' music, and it's really fun. We rush over to the recording room, and Jude, as always, has snacks galore laid out all over the table and chairs. From dips to chips, Jude's got it.

Recording was great, and as always, the boys did a great job. sure, Luke had guacamole smears over his face from Jude's snacks, and Theo somehow found a tutu to put on, but it went great. I especially loved how Luke decided to make a sandwich during the second song.