Day 43

Today is a great day. Sun is shining, bees a chirpin', and grass is growing. The waiter hands me my iced coffee and I head out of the junction, songbook in hand. Today is going to be awesome.

Well, that's what I thought.

I walk into the rose room, and regret it. Leia sits there, crying. Snot and all. Her face is flushed and eyes lined with red rashes. I set my cup of coffee and book down on the piano, and walk over to her. I take a deep breath, bracing myself for the drama.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask, Leia still crying. She looks up at me,

"You wouldn't understand." By the look in her eyes, I can tell this is deep. This is serious. It's not about a boy, or a song, or friends. It's something deeper. I engage myself more, giving my full attention and heart to her.

"I'm all yours." I say, wanting her to let it out. I know if she doesn't et it out now, it'll explode later. She finally lets a breath out, giving in. She turns to face me.

"My parents...they just...they fight all the time. And my siblings are older than me. I don't have anyone. My dad," She wipes a tear. "My dad tells me some things that really hurt and my mom...she's just broken in every way. A couple years ago, they got a divorce, but they still fight." I lay a hand on her shoulder, consoling her. She continues, "I just don't know what to do. It's effecting me in everything I do. My Music, how I treat people, my image." She looks at her hands and start to cry again. I pull her into me, hugging her. I hope this hug helps.

Harper: I had not idea this was going on. It really makes me look at Leia in a different perspective. I wish people knew this so they weren't so harsh on her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the whole Leia situation, I walk into the junction. Taking a breather. In the end, I talked to Leia about it, and she spilled more. I felt really bad, but I helped her. Now I know why she's been acting up.

I sit down, running my hands through my hair. I open my song book, and start to write. I've been having some ideas for a new song, and I hope it comes together well.

Suddenly, someone sits by me. Hazel. she's crying. It's funny how I thought today was going to be a good day. I immediately close my songbook and turn to Hazel.

"Spill." I say, demanding to know why my best friend is crying. She cries,

"Hunter and I broke up." I'm shocked. I start to stand up.

"Let me go get the shovel." But Hazel grabs my arm and pulls me down, laughing through tears. She shakes her head, smiling,

"No, it's okay. Honestly, I think it was the best thing. We both sort of moved on." I nod my head, understanding, and hazel dries her eyes. She barely cries. Suddenly, James, Luke, and West all walk in. They stop as they see Hazel crying, and James is giving West a funny look. West walks over to Hazel and talks,

"Hey, I heard bout you and Hunter. I'm so sorry."

West: I'm so not sorry! You don't know how happy I am they broke up. Well, it's sad Hazel is crying. I don't like that part, but I'm happy they broke up.

"It's okay." Hazel says, and West puts an arm around her. He then shoots up,

"Hey! How about you and I go grab a snack and a funny costume at Culture Shock? Then maybe I can show you some new moves I've been working on?" He smiles, and Hazel says yes. They leave.

West: I'm happy because he might have a crush on Hazel.

James: Might? Ha, no. He's obsessed. Hunter was just an obstacle, and now that he's out of the way, West has been the happiest man on earth.

Harper: There's something going on with them...is West the reason she broke up with Hunter?